Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 1) The shape of it is just all wrong. Why was underwear ever designed to barely go over people’s cheeks? Men got boxer briefs first. Finally, they made them for us. Boyshort undies should have been the first logical design. 2) I love those stretchy cheap sport bras they sell on Amazon. However, I never see them with adjustable straps and hook and eye closures AND not so oversized for small books that one has to buy a teen girl version, which rides up all over the books πŸ“š. 😠Because it’s designed for a small girl. So, I found one that ticks all the boxes. For women. With small books. All adjustable. It’s made by Underoutfit. We’ll see how that goes. Pepper bras are awesome, too, just not as comfy as these stretchy ones. As far as the undies, I now know that Duluth Trading Company makes boyshorts for women. They are crazy expensive, but Dh has some. They last for SUCH a long time. And he looks good in them, too. 😁 He gets them for Christmas and they wear like iron. I’m just so tired of wearing substandard underwear, so I’m trying a pair of the boyshorts from Duluth, too.
  3. Do you live in an area with hurricanes, wind storms, or ice storms that will occasionally knock out the power for days or weeks? That’s the reason I’ve heard most frequently for choosing gas over electric.
  4. Actually I am not which is why it has taken me so long to figure this out.
  5. Thank goodness I don't even remember that. Between Buffy and Charmed I have spent enough time on make believe houses.
  6. Has anyone heard from @Jenny in Florida? This resurrected thread reminded me of her. I really enjoyed her posts.
  7. I've never watched Buffy (I'm sorry!), but I know the layout of the upstairs of the Brady Bunch house has been debated for years.
  8. β€˜Cept I don’t actually walk through Target thinking I look all that great in the first place. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  9. If you or your parents have matured savings bonds that haven't been cashed in, please know you/they should have been including the interest on federal taxes in the year they matured - not the year they are actually cashed in. I wish I had know this in 2020, 2021, and 2022 for my dad's taxes. Was totally not on my radar. And he had quite a few that matured in 2022 that haven't been cashed in so that is πŸ˜¬πŸ˜”. I am doing that now with my POA and it is a pain because they have to be sent in and all kinds of fun stuff. Anyway, learn from my mistakes if y'all have any old savings bonds sitting somewhere. I made a ton of extra work (and big headaches) for myself. Please don't quote as I will probably delete this in a few days.
  10. Part of the reason I felt like being kind is that it took a lot of courage to walk into a group of people that are all my friend’s and dh’s friends. They are all very well aware of what she did to us because they lived through it in real time with us.
  11. Today
  12. It is so variable! High school definitely would have been less expensive if we’d sent them to public school. Homeschooling was less expensive than any of the private schools. ( other than if we figure in my lost teaching salary which would have made it comparable to some, but still less than others. However, I likely would have stayed home for most of those years because our family runs best with a slower pace than if we’d both worked full time.)
  13. My brother and sister-in-law bought a house 4 years ago and remodeled the first floor including moving the kitchen to a different room but not moving the gas becuase of the price. She bought a really nice induction stove but misses her gas stove and regrets not moving the gas line.
  14. Saxon is very procedural. Not nearly as bad as Life of Fred, but the hammering of rote work without fully working on understanding how something is working in the 4th-8th grade years is a drawback. It can hinder a lower student or one that isn't provided side by side conceptual learning opportunities. That said, when paired with adequate high school science, a student is getting both the procedural and the conceptual in side by side classes. For many kids, Saxon works just fine, all the way through from the Nancy Larson sets up through high school. The average student cannot be anything but competent with math just due to the amount of work and repetition. It's a really solid program in getting kids to be able to do math. And their high school books are quite a bit better than what is used in a public school classroom. At home, though, given all the options, I honestly would choose Dolciani, Jacobs, or AoPS as a preference and Saxon as a second choice. They're just friendlier to students overall.
  15. Except the test has changed as of March. Depending on the age of the student, it might be best to wait a few months and see what new resources are released. But, yes, test specific math practice helps a lot.
  16. I struggle too, but I bet I’d spot you! So many things you share, I think sounds like we are very similar on a lot things.
  17. Thanks, all. I am getting her a lantern and a mat for shoes/to keep tent clean. It seems weird to get a rechargeable lantern and not battery powered. I mean, recharging it all the time? Like, leave it in a building somewhere? But 8 weeks of batteries seems a lot, too.
  18. Does she have to wait until she is enrolled to take it? Can she take it more than once? My older daughter had to take a computer competency test before she could start community college classes. She took it without preparing. It was aimed more at adults who may not be familiar with computers, and might struggle with simple things like email or word processing, not at teens who have been using computers since preK.
  19. Returning love after what you received = really beautiful. Inspiring!
  20. I have looked that up in the past - when I learned the Latin word "formica" and wondered why in the world the company would choose "ant" as its name! πŸ˜„
  21. Wordle 1,014 5/6 🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  22. You know those spatial awareness problems that you see on tests where you have to answer, β€œWhat would this shape look like if it were folded, turned, or cut in such and such manner?” Choose from figure A, B, C, or D. You are probably most excellent at those. 😁
  23. The biggest costs for us were during high school. Kindergarten and the early grades were more or less free; I think I would have bought the same books had they been in school. Math books were the difference, I guess. We traveled a bit when the older two were young which would not have happened if they were in school so that was certainly more expensive. Youngest did some outsourced classes starting in middle school, and seeing how many people outsource now that is likely to be a cost to her unless she makes a decision not to. Three of mine did DE which was a large cost. The local LAC has a program for people in the county to pay $1,000 for a class. The closest community college and state university are an hour away, which would have been cheaper but logistically out of the question. One kid cost way more than the others for everything music-related: lessons, travel to lessons, instrument rental. As a teen dd put on fundraisers and received scholarships to attend music festivals which would have otherwise been thousands of dollars. However, I'm unsure whether that would have been a cost if she had been in school as I don't think she would have had time or focus to get to the level required (obviously plenty of school kids do achieve that level but that probably wouldn't have worked for this particular kid.) The investment in this level of music paid off with an all-expenses full ride through college/conservatory, but the costs during homeschool were serious. I think that not putting mine in school insulated us from certain peer-related expenses. None of them asked for things they might have seen and wanted at school, other than youngest wanting "skinny jeans" that she saw the other homeschooled girls wearing. They didn't drive until they were 17 or 18, none had phones before 16.
  24. I just looked at all the purchases. You all are amazing. Thank you so much. You are making this easy for me. I only need a total of 10 baby dolls and I think you all have purchased 6 of them! And some socks, and some hacky sack balls. I really just want to take what they asked for, you know? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
  25. What about stew? Is it soup and if not why not? What is the characteristic difference between them.
  26. ikslo

Wordle

Wordle 1,014 3/6 🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  27. Ditto. Sometimes I swear you must be my long lost twin.
  1. Load more activity
Γ—
Γ—