Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is a hard one. I think the nature trails are good. We have done trips to national parks that are just filled with trails. Acadia is actually one of our favorites because it also has a very decent bus system to get people around to different areas on the island. I don't know about your area, but around here more 'sensory' walks are popping up. They weren't around when ds would have benefited from them, so we ended up investing in ninja tension lines(?) for our trees, where he could walk on one while holding on to another, swing from rings, climb ladders...as he got older, we could adjust them. And then we added a swinging chair and eventually a hammock. Course, the child has ugly allergies so all that and he can only use it 2 months a year. LOL But he did love it, especially during the pandemic. You might also look toward sports. Apparently it's a well kept secret here that there are leagues for those with different needs. They're more relaxed and mostly just a chance to get into the pitch or field to have fun each week.
  3. Wordle 1,040 4/6 🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜ 🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  4. Today
  5. Yes, I personally prefer the 2nd edition over the 3rd edition just looking through them both on Archive and comparing them. However, the support materials and optional DVDs are more readily available for the third edition. I'm also looking into Geometry: A Guided Inquiry because the text appears to be visually similar to Foersters Algebra textbooks and the problems look very real world interesting which could be just the ticket for my oldest.
  6. Has he tried the generic version? If he can find it is about half-price. There used to be a coupon from the manufacturer for Vyvanse but not since there is a generic version. Lucky for the manufacturer there is also a shortage of the generic, so now lots of people are stuck with the name brand at full-price.
  7. We have $1000 deductible because we have multiple drivers and cars and it's too expensive otherwise. Just to jump off from this-- depending on your state and the accident-- just because it isn't your fault doesn't mean you won't have to pay the deductible. We were hit in parking lots twice in the last 2 years. The police will not even do an accident report because it is private property and it is he said/she said. Both times both parties had to pay their own repairs. With mine the auto shop finangled it so I got out of my deductible and on dh's car he just fixed it himself because it was minor and his car is a lot older. Ds just got side-swiped in an intersection and although he is the one that got hit because there were no witnesses they are both at fault because the driver said his light was also green. The auto shop said they got his deductible down by using some aftermarket parts, instead of factory original (considering ds's car is 11 years old at this point and not in perfect condition he was fine with this). Ds had just taken the card out of his dashcam to download the pictures. I had a dash cam but didn't have a card in at the time. Dh didn't have one in his but is buying one. Before these 3 accidents we had only had 1 accident in our entire marriage- dh hit a deer on our rural road over a decade ago. I think at this point luck should be on our side and we shouldn't have any more accidents in a very long time. Long story short- always have the deductible saved and dashcams are your friend!
  8. I’ve heard that they are very rigorous. What classes did you try with Excelsior & Schole? What were your thoughts on Mr. D Math? What class and did you have a specific teacher you liked?
  9. Ok I’m actually not sure if it’s tonsils or adenoids they were referring to being removed so I asked for clarification. dd is 9 The kids’ insurance requires you meet the deductible before they cover anything so we are anticipating a high bill. I said I couldn’t pay my share right away (normally when xh sends me a medical receipt I owe my share within 30 days). He said he’d work with me on a payment plan.
  10. We don’t actually purchase anything that has deposits. People just look through everyone’s bins on trash day and so ours get hit too.
  11. SHP

Man or bear?

I would take the bear. Most men might be fine, I have encountered one that had malicious intent. It only takes one time. In general I don't have problems with random men. I have encountered random men late at night on public transit. Never a problem. In fact they are often fully aware and will call ahead where they are going if they are passing. "Going to the bus stop" "going to the bike share" and they speed up to walk past so that they don't guve the impression of following. And still, it only took that one man for me to not be willing to take the risk.
  12. SHP

Man or bear?

Aside, we place the recycling The houseless can turn in for money separately. It makes it easier for them and there is less risk of a mess being made while they dig. We don't have bears, lots of houseless though.
  13. I cough, sneeze, and blow my nose loudly--more airflow=more gunk ejected from where it doesn't need to be. I don't moan though unless I'm in labor!
  14. My dh, his dad, his brother and now ds24 are what someone on here called yell sneezers. I swear he did not sneeze like that when we were dating or first married. It seemed to develop over time. Same with ds24. He didn’t sneeze like that when he was young. I only noticed him doing it after he moved out. They make this weird aaaahhhhh yell and then let loose with a giant loud sneeze from the mouth. I swear if they closed their mouths and sneezed through their nose their heads would pop straight off 😆
  15. I think Gen Z just happens to be the young adults of serious dating age. I don’t know that the trends are specific to them necessarily. I honestly think I see more of this in millenial and Gen X age cohorts,the ones who have been married, divorced and had various children or the ones who have reached an age where they are realizing the time for marriage and family has come and gone.
  16. They're being dramatic. I have a dh, and three sons - none of them are 'dramatic' when ill. dh will usually insist he's not sick or it's "just a cold", and rarely will go just be sick in bed (and if he is, he's really sleeping).
  17. Yes. This exactly articulates it.
  18. This is such an odd question. I'd rather have a person than a bear, and statistically its likely that the man that I'm with is going to be perfectly safe, and most likely helpful. But, there are other ways to think about this. I've stopped at rest areas at night and it always feels a little concerning if there is just one guy or nobody that I can see, but there's no worry if there are many people coming and going, or even if I'm just there with one other person. One time we stopped at a rest area and there was a family of bears wandering through - we saw them as we were exiting to go back to the car. That was concerning even though there were people everywhere!
  19. re deutzias Once they're established they're pretty drought tolerant; I almost never water any of them. I'm in CT so we don't get sustained HEAT heat; they might droop at the high end of their ~3-8 range. They really are quite sturdy though.
  20. DS is prescribed Vyvanse, but insurance refuses to cover it because they say he hasn't tried other meds first. He has, just not in the US, and they didn't work. Trying to get the doctor to appeal, again, but I may need to pay out of pocket just to bridge the gap until insurance covers the meds. I tried GoodRx at RiteAid and they claim it doesn't apply to this category of drugs. I know there are other programs like GoodRx so will go around to the various pharmacies and try them but thought I'd ask here first in case anyone has suggestions?
  21. She did not tell. And 60 years later does not know why. She thinks she feared what her dad would do.
  22. Wow, that's so creepy! Your mom was incredibly quick-thinking to come up with the idea of locking the closet from the outside so the man wouldn't realize she was in there. What did her parents say when they found out what the man had done? They must have been horrified!
  23. I think this thought exercise isn’t about statistics. It is about feelings. A bear is more predictable than a man because we don’t know what kind of man stands before us., Today I told my mom this thought exercise and she told me this story. She was late teens when an acquaintance stopped by her parents house. She said he was creepy toward her but her dad did not notice. The next day her parents left the house and as soon as they were gone this man drove up. She said she instantly knew he was there to harm he and she went into a closet that latched from the outside and stuck her fingers through a hole near the latch and latched it. This man entered the home and went from room to room looking for her. That is a type of fear you don’t know until you know it.
  1. Load more activity