Menu

What's with the ads?

You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!
THIS ADVERT HAS EXPIRED!

Homeschooling Helps

(0 reviews)
  • Price NO VALUE SPECIFIED
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

How-to’s, encouragement, home management, parenting, study and research skills. Gently used by only our family. Smoke-free home. These books were very helpful to me. I hope they will work for you! :)

Payment and Shipping:
-- Paypal preferred
-- Normal shipping is via Media Mail.
-- Multiple items purchased can be combined into one shipment, and shipping costs reduced accordingly. (Check my other listings.)

HOMESCHOOLING HOW TO’s and ENCOURAGEMENT

Beyond Survival: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling, Diana Waring, Softcover; Exc cond -- $8 ppd (Retail $12)
Aimed at homeschooling during the elementary years, this is a great how-to-homeschool book that is both encouraging and practical. Includes recommended reading lists of other great books on homeschooling sprinkled throughout. Diana Waring is engaging and enthusiastic (and hilarious at times!) Christian content.

Reaping the Harvest: The Bounty of Abundant-Life Homeschooling, Diana Waring, Softcover; Like new -- $8 ppd (Retail $12)
This is the follow-up book to Beyond Survival, and addresses homeschooling (and parenting) during the teen years. Similar format and layout. Christian content.

HOME MANAGEMENT
Managers of Their Homes: A Practical Guide to Daily Scheduling for Christian Homeschool Families, Steven and Terri Maxwell, spiral-bound softcover; Like new -- $17 ppd (Retail $25)
I found this a very helpful tool as my homeschooling days became more complex. The book addresses the power of scheduling in lots of different areas, and includes a useful scheduling kit (complete and unused--I photocopied instead of using up the sheets.) You can see the book and a more detailed description here: http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=003890 Christian content.

PARENTING
Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home, Sarah, Stephen & Grace Mally, Softcover; New -- $8 ppd (Retail $14) You can see a complete description of this book here: http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=017140 Mine is the previous edition (has a blue cover, but the same cover illustration). Christian content.

STUDY AND RESEARCH SKILLS
Learning on Purpose: A Self-Management Approach to Study Skills, The Critical Thinking Co., Softcover; Exc cond* -- $9 ppd (Retail $24.99)
For Gr 7-12. My dd used portions of this book in 9th grade. It can be a helpful tool for students to assess themselves, identify how they learn best, and learn how to organize their studying. It would be especially helpful for a student going into public or private school. It is a thick book, covering many different areas and including many helpful assessment and study sheets. You can see it here: http://www.criticalthinking.com/learning-on-purpose-book.html
*Some of the worksheet pages in Chapter 1 of my copy were written in lightly with pencil (by my dd.) These marks have all been erased so that the pages are clean and completely usable by another student. The rest of the book has never been written in and is like new.

Facts Plus: An Almanac of Essential Information, Susan C. Anthony, Softcover; Exc cond -- $10 ppd (Retail $19.29)
This is a fun book full of interesting and helpful information for Gr 3-12. Recommended by a number of homeschooling curricula. A useful resource to have on hand for students learning research skills.

FREE FOR THE COST OF SHIPPING
Christian Home Educators’ Curriculum Manual: Junior/Senior High, Cathy Duffy, Like new (Retail $22.95)
An oldie but a goodie! :) This book is now out of print and has been replaced by Cathy Duffy’s 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum (which you can see here: http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/sku/054743) However, this older volume is still a useful resource for planning in the junior and senior high years, and contains a great deal of timeless planning and teaching information from the author, Cathy Duffy. The last third of the book contains Duffy’s reviews of curricula. Although the prices/sources of these are now out of date, and some may no longer be in print, many of the curricula she lists are tried and true, and still available today.

Recommended Questions

There are no questions to display.

This advert is now closed to further questions.