Menu
You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!
THIS ADVERT HAS EXPIRED!

English Materials For Younger Students

(0 reviews)
  • Price NO VALUE SPECIFIED
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

SEE MY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE POST!

Handwriting Without Tears, 2nd Grade Printing Teacher’s Guide by Jan Olsen

This is the teacher's guide for the second grade workbook, Printing Power. Paperback, copyright 2013, in very good condition with no writing. Sonlight sells this for $15.00; asking for $7.00ppd.
Set of two -- Write Away: A Handbook for Young Writers and Learners

This handbook is geared for early elementary aged children (grades 1-3); it's brightly colored and very informative and inviting. It's published by Great Source, copyright 1996, in very good condition. New this hardback sold for $27.00.

plus Write Away Sourcebook

Paperback, slight shelf wear, unused in very good condition, Amazon sells this new for $11.69. Asking for $18.00ppd for the set of two books. NOW $16.00ppd.
At Last! A Reading Method for Every Child! by Mary Pecci

"The debate about "Which is the best way to teach reading?" has been going on now for almost a century. At Last! A Reading Method for EVERY Child! finally puts an end to this great debate by bringing about a perfect BALANCE between both sides — INTENSIVE PHONICS and LITERATURE-BASED readers."

Comb bound paperback with blue cover, 1990 printing, some cover wear, 338 pages, less than 10% have marks but nothing that impedes usefulness. The newest edition of this books sells on the author's website for $29.95; asking for $12.00ppd.
Reading Reflex: The Foolproof Phono-Graphix Method for Teaching Your Child to Read by Carmen and Geoffrey McGuinness

Spiral bound hard cover book. One page of the introduction has writing; otherwise, the book is in very good condition. New this sold for $30.00 and a paperback copy sells for $18.99; asking for $12.00ppd.
Spelling Through Phonics, 2nd ed., by The McCracken (Marlene and Robert)

“This bestselling guide provides teachers of grades 1–3 with a simple and effective spelling program. Spelling Through Phonics is a skills program designed to help children understand how print works in the English alphabetic system. Children come to understand how the letters of the alphabet are constructed to form words and how words are constructed to become text. Essentially, Spelling Through Phonics describes a practical, easy-to-use, and timeless method of teaching children how to spell. Includes: an explanation of phonemic awareness, detailed instructions on how to teach spelling—easily, quickly, and efficiently, methods to organize children’s spelling practice within the school day, reproducible spelling checklists for grades 1–3.â€

Spiral bound paperback in very good condition, c. 1996. New this sold for $18.00; asking for $9.00ppd.
Harvey's Elementary Grammar and Composition

Hardback from Mott Media, ex-school, cover wear but interior pages are in good condition with no writing. Sells new for $11.99; asking for $6.00ppd. NOW $5.00ppd.
Reader's Handbook: A Student Guide for Reading and Learning

This yellow handbook is from Great Source for grades 4 and 5. From the publisher's website: It enables students to "to become competent, active readers across all subject areas. Student-friendly and comprehensive, the Reader's Handbook can be used in a variety of ways to supplement your reading program.

Introduce key reading skills, strategies, and concepts including notetaking, summarizing, paraphrasing, and graphic organizers

Reinforce lessons from your reading textbook

Review the Before, During and After reading process

Support students as they read different kinds of text throughout the day"

Paperback, c. 2002, in very good condition. The publisher sells this for $29.10; asking for $13.00ppd. NOW $12.00ppd.
All Write: A Student Handbook for Writing and Learning

This is a paperback from Great Source; copyright 2003 version and geared for grades 6-8. From the publisher's website: “All Write includes:

strategies for revising and editing using the 6-traits of good writing; guidelines for writing, formatting, and designing on the computer; tips for searching for information in the library as well as the Internet; information on developing a portfolio and publishing writing; a section covering forms of workplace writing such as business letters, e-mail, and proposalsâ€

Slight cover wear, no marks or writing inside. Overall it is in very good condition. New this retails for $26.90 at the publisher. Asking $13.00ppd. NOW $12.00ppd.
If You're Trying to Teach Kids How to Write, You've Gotta Have This Book!, Rev. ed., by Marjorie Frank

This is a meaty, meaty book about teaching children to write. Here's an Amazon blurb: "I found this to be one of the most useful books for teaching writing skills. It is loaded with ideas that can be used in the classroom and can be used with teaching teachers how to teach writing skills. This book has some of the most creative and effective ideas I have seen in a long time. ... It is an easy read with samples that one can use in class forever. I recommend it highly."

Paperback, some cover wear but interior pages are in very good condition. This sold new for $20.99; asking for $9.00ppd.
100 Trait-Specific Comments: A Quick Guide for Giving Constructive Feedback on Student Writing by Ruth Culham

“Providing constructive feedback on writing is essential for helping students improve their skills. With this time-saving tool from writing expert Ruth Culham, you’ll have more than 100 just-right comments at your fingertips. Correlated with student-friendly scoring guides—also included—and organized by trait, Ruth provides responses to writing at three different levels of achievement. The comments give students direction on where to focus their attention and what strategies to try as they revise or begin a new writing project. This tabbed, four-color guide is a must-have for any writing teacher! For use with Grades 3–5.â€

Paperback book with thick glossy pages in very good condition. This sells new for $14.99; asking for $7.00ppd.
Set of two Novel-Ties (Lit Study Guides)

The Witch of Blackbird Pond: Study Guide by Friedland and Kessler

plus My Brother Sam is Dead: Study Guide by Michael Murphy

Contains a synopsis, pre-reading activities, vocabulary and comprehension exercises. Reproducible paperbacks, ex-school, each in good condition with no writing. Original price was $14.95 each; asking for $9.00ppd for the set of two. NOW $8.00ppd.
The Iliad and the Odyssey: Stories From Homer's Epics

Paperback from K12, 158 pages, slight cover wear otherwise in good or better condition; asking for $6.00ppd.

Prices include postage within the US only. These come from a non-smoking and no pet home. I would prefer to be paid by a money order (in which case I will ship immediately) but will also accept a personal check (in which case I will ship once your check clears). Sorry, but I do not take PayPal (though we can discuss PayPal paid gift cards if this is your only option). If you would like insurance, add an additional $2.05.

Feel free to email with questions. If you are serious about purchasing, please give your name and address in confirmation. Email me at kareni29@ yahoo.com (take out the space).

Thank you for looking.

Recommended Questions

There are no questions to display.

This advert is now closed to further questions.

Other adverts from Kareni

Other adverts from for-sale