Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

1. Welcome To The WTM Community

1. Announcements

Check here for the latest announcements from the forum admin...includes server status updates.

Questions about the site, rule changes, and new features

New to forum posting? Testing your signature or avatar? Try out new things here. For you seasoned forum users, please pop in and help out when you can.

1. General Education Discussion Board

For general questions about classical education methods, home education issues, teaching techniques, readiness, supplemental activities, field trips, assessments, frustrations, online resources, etc.

For questions about specific curricula and their relationship to classical education. Express yourself politely! And remember that no single program can possibly meet the needs of every home schooler; let's benefit from the variety available. NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Are you schooling a high school student? Or giving yourself a classical education too? Post questions, book reviews, thoughts, recommendations, and more here.

Post questions and discussion about afterschooling in the classical method.

If you're doing classical education with a child who has a nontraditional learning style, learning difficulties, or other learning challenges, ask questions, share answers and find support here.

Is your child working ahead of grade level in one or more areas? Share thoughts and questions here.

Educating your family in more than one language? Discuss challenges and curricula with other bilingual parents here.

1. The Chat Board

For just hanging out and chatting. Looking for exercise tips, recipe suggestions, general advice, travel hints, or just that hard-to-find kilt picture? This forum is for you.

Find other parents and groups in your area, or pen-pals for your children

3. Sale and Swap Board   (133,012 visits to this link)

• Popular Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Heidi

After 9 years of homeschooling, I'm throwing in my hat (for now) and enrolling my 5 school-age kids into a really good charter school next year.  At this point I feel like they will get a better education there than what I am able to give them.  We'll see!  I'm sad and excited.
      · 3 replies
    • OtherJohn

Emoji's should work now! 
      · 2 replies
    • Jean in Newcastle

The Chronic Illness Moms and Bible Believing Christians have a new topic up for the month. 
      · 0 replies
    • LAR  »  Kathy in Richmond

Hello!  I've been reading your posts from several years ago and thought I'd reach out to see if you could help. 
      I'm struggling to determine the right AP Calc class for our daughter.  For background, our girl is 15 and in 9th grade. She's planning to pursue a career in the medical field - at this point, trauma surgery.  She's strong in math and science and pushes aside the rest!   She's wrapping up pre-calc/trig with Mr D Math and wants an AP class for 10th grade.  We are considering FLVS (Florida Virtual) because it's free to Florida residents. However, free hasn't worked so well for us in the past!  So I'm exploring options.  Mr. D Math offers a live online class component which our daughter strongly prefers.  I'm finding it touch to locate such a class...whether AB or BC.    The other component that our daughter looks for in a class is a textbook.  
      I'm looking at PAH, Cty, Derek Owens..... I can't find anything that meets our girl's wants.  
      And once I find her two wishes (live online class and textbook), I then need to determine AB or BC!  This girl of ours works as slow as a sloth!  Yet she's diligent.  Strives for perfection. 
      I'm reaching out in hopes that you may have an idea or two up your sleeve! 
      Thanks for any advice you can offer!  
      · 0 replies
  • Current Donation Goals

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin