Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No. Because I have never eaten a taco because I hate hot spiciness and whst orhers consider mildly hot is still way to hot for me. OTOH. gyros are completely efible for me as a person whose body rebels against hot foot always and too acidy good a lot of times.
  3. I watched the show at least ten times so I am very familiar with the layout if the second floor. My problem is how it sits on top of the first floor. I will take you through a few scenarios to show what I mean. When I first started watching I thought that the stairs were a single flight with no landings or turns. That would put Joyce's room immediately to the right at the top of the stairs placing it in the front right of the house over the dining room. This makes it impossible for Warren to shoot Tara through the window from the left side of the back yard. There are also several scenes and on-line sources that show a landing and at least a 90 turn on the stairs. If that is the case then it would swing Joyce's room to the back right corner of the house over the kitchen and small sitting room under the stairs. This would make Warren's shot problematic but not impossible. However that would move the bathroom windows to the side of the house and make it impossible for there to be any windows in the right front of the house as we can clearly see from outside shots. That only leaves the possibility that the stairs having a landing and then double back 180 degrees. This would place Joyce's room in the left rear of the house over the back part of the living room, then Dawn's room would be in the front left corner, Buffy's in the front right corner and the bathroom over the kitchen in the back right corner. I have seen floorplans on-line that show this as the plan and it does make the most sense. It would line up Warren's shot perfectly. However even that plan has a few kinks. There is an episode that shows Dawn crawling out her window (which are now in the front and left side of the house) and coming out in the back yard. Now it doesn't show the whole trip just leaving the window and landing in the back yard so she could have crawled along the roof towards the back of the house and jumped down in the backyard. But it also means that every time Buffy crawled out her window it was in the side window near the front of the house. There is a tree in front of that window and it is Sunnydale so maybe no one noticed her going in and out the window. Here is a picture of that orientation: https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=buffy+house+plan&fr=uh3_my_web_gs&type=2button&imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fc7%2F74%2F1d%2Fc7741de9f1578f94c1b4c76df9a07f2b.jpg#id=13&iurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F26%2F90%2F18%2F2690181ba34fdac5ec51a8077b204b9d--buffy-summers-season-.jpg&action=click This has been bothering me on and off for 20 years now. This is what I think of when I am awake at 3:00 AM. Please discuss. I also had the same problem with the Charmed house which would require a whole 'nother post like this but I did finally figure that one out.
  4. I thought of some other possible exceptions other than chili. Chicken and dumplings - is that soup? I haven't had that since I was a kid, but I used to love it. My beloved aunt used to make it for me and I connect it with feeling loved and safe. In addition to hating soup, I connect it with bad memories/trauma (I haven't eaten it since I was a child). What about the inside of chicken pot pie? I remember liking chicken pot pie when I was growing up but maybe I mainly liked the crust when it got soggy.
  5. Today
  6. For us, the box turtles are out (lots of rain of late) and looking for places to lay eggs. We have some really big ones, usually 12-18”. Not sure what kind they are.
  7. We have used a site called Jeeves but apparently they are only in FL.
  8. I think I would still be recognizable. Even if I was trying to do so on the down low I would eventually slip and someone would say, "Hey, that sounds like Kidshappen." I have successfully followed some people through name changes, others probably not and then there are some where I wonder if a poster used to be someone else or I know they were but I can't remember who. It's much harder for me if they change their avatar because I am a visual person although I can manage it if they have a particularly stronger presence like when Scarlett changed hers.
  9. This reminds me of our visit to Kings Canyon. All the toilet blocks had mini half doors at the entrance. We found out why when someone left one open. The dingoes had a thing for soap and would go into the shower blocks and try to steal soap from people’s toiletries or that had been left behind.
  10. Oh yes. I think if you wanted to completely “rebirth” yourself you’d need to make a new account with a new email.
  11. That's interesting. Ours doesn't make a noise. We haven't had it that long but I haven’t found the cycling to be a problem so far. We like the ultra low simmer compared to gas. Husband cooks meat and likes the extremely high heat for searing. He also cooks Chinese food and is happy with his flat bottomed wok.
  12. That's quite an autocorrect, lol. It made me wonder where the name formica came from, so I looked it up: Electrical engineers Daniel J. O'Conor and Herbert A. Faber discovered that high-pressure plastic resins could be used to make electrical parts, replacing the mineral mica, and established the Formica Products Company in 1913. As they were searching for a substitute “for” the insulation material “mica,” they coined the name “Formica.”
  13. When my gas cooktop died, I bought a couple of portable induction hobs to tide me over until I can do a full gut-job. When I was originally planning the remodel, I was very gung-ho about switching to induction for environmental reasons, but now that I've actually used it for a while, I've changed my mind. One issue is the super high-pitched hum; it comes and goes, and one burner is worse than the other, but it absolutely drives me nuts. I thought it might just be a function of less expensive portable burners, but I've read the same complaint about full size cooktops and stoves, and there's no way I could put up with that every time I cook for the rest of my life. Another big issue for me is that the heat cycles on and off, especially at lower temperatures. So if I'm trying to keep a pot at a low simmer, what I actually get is a pot that goes from no bubbles to boiling to no bubbles to boiling every few seconds or so. I want even heat, not constant cycling on and off. ETA: I thought of another thing — the only part of the pan that really gets hot is the part that is over the magnet. So for example, my portable burners have 2 concentric circles and if the pot is smaller than the outer circle, even by a fraction of an inch, only the inner circle heats. And if the pan is much bigger than the outer circle, you can clearly see the circle of heat in the middle of the pan and everything around that circle does not get nearly as hot. I eat a lot of stir fries and I have a very large pan, and there's just no way to get the edges of the pan hot enough to cook the food evenly. I've cooked with gas most of my life, with the exception of the 10 years I was in the UK, when I had a glass top halogen stove. Induction is definitely much faster and more responsive than electric or halogen, but the noise and the cycling on and off are dealbreakers for me.
  14. We bought a cheap single induction hob to play with in advance. We are converts. We've had our big one for a few weeks and love it. Very responsive. We have scratched the surface with our cast iron pans but we decided not to be precious about that. The single plug in was very helpful during the remodel.
  15. We are doing a kitchen remodel and waited until we had enough money to plumb for gas. Our kitchen people suggested I look at induction because the cost of bringing gas to the house and then through the house is pretty high. I have had a glass top electric for 10 years that I HATE. I miss the responsiveness of gas. The ability to adjust the temperature and have it go up or down immediately. To have a consistent medium heat. To not overheat pans trying to get them to a temperature for cooking in some reasonable time frame. I know about the pans needed for induction. I need new pans anyways and use a lot of cast iron so not a problem. What else to consider? I especially want to hear from people who cook a lot and have used both for a good length of time (like more than just on vacation or something). My husband is pushing for gas because he thinks I will be disappointed that we didn't do it as I have wanted it every single day for 10 years and love it when I'm at my parents etc. We had gas for 12 years in our previous house. So it's a known. I know I will like it. What I don't know is if I would like induction so it's a risk. I might love it. But I don't know and can't know without trying it. So I'm trying to crowd source especially for those who have used both. And cook a lot.
  16. Might not be a bad thing to have introduce her to your friends/acquaintances as your husband’s ex. Better than she spinning whatever tale she wants to spin to them.
  17. I am too new to be known but I think I could pick out Lori or 8filltheheart by their posts.
  18. Sometimes it is easy to link people to usernames by health issues posted. I agree. If I bother to change my username, I would change my avatar at the same time and change what I post. @Ausmumof3 however, if someone has time and want to figure out what someone’s new username is, search for old threads and look at the username attached to the likes. Then confirm by checking the profile. I think the profile list previous usernames.
  19. https://www.edx.org/learn/ap/harvard-university-cs50-s-ap-r-computer-science-principles
  20. When I was looking for work I couldn’t help but notice that there were tons of job postings for vet techs AND office help for dentists. It made me wonder what was up in these two businesses.
  21. https://1600.io/p/1600-io-sat-math-orange-book if you want SAT-specific prep
  22. Watched the second Downton Abbey movie with Dd. Reading a bit before bed. I am enjoying The Hobbit very much, even on the 10+ reread!
  23. I would talk about bushfires, Australia, or whatever random event is going on in the world and give myself away in no time. I’m also quite slack about grammar and spelling on the forum.
  24. lucky mama? Or Luckymom? Her DD studied Arabic and so did my son so I remember her being super helpful and lovely.
  1. Load more activity