Menu

Tell me about Drive-Thru History!

A friend gave us the Drive Through American Hx last fall. It's a blast. Fast paced, up beat and good info. We used it as a supplement- I know there's a booklet that comes with but I didn't use it and it's loaned to a friend right now. We all loved it-incl my dh and older kids who are mega hx buffs.

I plan to get the Ancient one for fall. My notsolittles were enthralled with it and have watched it too many times to count.

my dss are 13,10,and 7. They loved watching the clip each day (that's how we did it). But, honestly, they were so short, I did feel like they were worth much work-wise. They are well done and very interesting. I made it a jumping off point and each kiddo had to pick someone to research from the video. My oldest did his research paper on one founding father and the other two had to do an oral presentation with a back baord of pictures and info for the family. The DVd's did not add much to our curriculum other than some fun time. Maybe I had higher expectations and wasn't sure what I was getting. I don't think there is any worldview component. Just Dave Stotts being funny while giving good history "sound bïtes". Please don't read this as negative...they really were fun just not a lot of meat...KWIM

We have the American History set, Foundations of Characters. Definite Christian Worldview. The book (125 pages) that comes in the set has readings on each historical figure, plus discussion questions. We love the DVDs - just the right mix of history and humor for us. :) We enjoy is as a supplement, and are looking forward to buying his other DVDs.

You can see the first few pages here: http://tinyurl.com/DriveThruHistory

Edited by nutmeg

:iagree:

Netflix has the DVDs minus the book.

We have the American History set, Foundations of Characters. Definite Christian Worldview. The book (125 pages) that comes in the set has readings on each historical figure, plus discussion questions. We love the DVDs - just the right mix of history and humor for us. :) We enjoy is as a supplement, and are looking forward to buying his other DVDs.

You can see the first few pages here: http://tinyurl.com/DriveThruHistory

ug, Netflix has these? I missed that. oh well, perhaps I'll use them for the next one.

I bought the Am Hist one to use as a supplement this year. When I finally got it out, I did it with some hesitation. I've gotten videos before for my kids and the older ones tend to be ... 'a bit critical' of them. They see most of them as too babyish or boring. But not this one. :D They all liked it! They all laughed and said, "Hey, this is kinda neat, Mom!" (yep even the 14yo dd likes it!!)

:thumbup1:

ug, Netflix has these? I missed that. oh well, perhaps I'll use them for the next one.

At Netflix search for Dave Stotts and you'll find 3 of the longer DVDs - the ones on ancient history.

We've decided Dave Stotts' presentation is similar to Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs. Funny, educational, and really cute. :D