Menu

Newest WTM - significant changes to high school recommendations?

Hey all,

I'm trying to decide if I need to invest in the newest WTM... would only need it for high school. Significant loss of income this year (dh laid off), so I'm having to be extra careful with my homeschooling budget. I'll buy the book if it will make a difference, but if it's primarily an update on resources only, I might have to pass until next year. I have the original version, and you can tell it is well loved, well worn. Replacing it would feel like replacing a well read bible. Just doesn't feel right, kwim? :)

So, what's the verdict? What's different about the new WTM (especially the high school portion)?

Thanks,

Robin

Hey all,

I'm trying to decide if I need to invest in the newest WTM... would only need it for high school. Significant loss of income this year (dh laid off), so I'm having to be extra careful with my homeschooling budget. I'll buy the book if it will make a difference, but if it's primarily an update on resources only, I might have to pass until next year. I have the original version, and you can tell it is well loved, well worn. Replacing it would feel like replacing a well read bible. Just doesn't feel right, kwim? :)

So, what's the verdict? What's different about the new WTM (especially the high school portion)?

Thanks,

Robin

Hey Friend!

I was going to pass on it because we've only got one more year. But dd wanted a copy, so there you go :):)

I still regret giving my original to a friend in Houston who was just starting out. At the time I thought the 2nd edition was "better" because it was more current. But now I wish I had my first edition, probably for sentimental reasons:001_smile:

We're in Houston the first week of June for Balmoral, let me know if you all are free any that week :)

Robin,

There was a post on the k-8 curr board where SWB was commenting on the rhetoric stage. She said that there wasn't too many changes. The biggest change was that for the rhetoric subject; she now includes a section of alternatives to the self study of rhetoric.

No time to recap. Here's the link to the post that sent me to the post:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99114&highlight=rhetoric+wtm

hth

Robin,

I'd suggest having your library purchase it. Then you can read it and decide whether it's worth the investment of your own money or whether you'd be happy to just check it out from time to time.

Regards,

Kareni