Menu

Fallacy Detective

ArwenA

The poster who wrote about the examples is correct...some are just kind of over his head. However, this is not true of everything. It is great (sort of) when your child says, "Mom, that is an appeal to pity propaganda technique." The propaganda section in particular has been a big hit. We just do one lesson a week on Fridays. We read it aloud and discuss the examples. We don't always get to it. We have used Dandylion Logic workbooks also, and they are terrific. I think you could always try it and see how it goes. I have not taken the lessons in order. We are doing the "easier-to-understand" things first. We will probably continue with it next year.

HTH.

Cynthia

I did Fallacy Detective with 4 5th graders last year, and they loved it. We only did half of the book (alternating it with Penny Candy) and plan to finish it this year. I kept a chart of the different fallacies, and they started picking them out in "Time for Kids," commercials, etc...

Good luck!

Kris