Menu

APs have invaded my dreams

Last night I dreamt my dd proctored the chem AP. For extra credit. Go figure. Not sure how she would take the test and proctor it.

Yep the stress level in my house is pretty high. She did two SAT subject tests on Saturday. Four tests in 10 days is plenty. I don't see how students do 6 APs in two weeks!:001_huh:

Wishing your daughter and all AP test takers well. My son had two finals at the CC yesterday, coming on the heels of the regular SAT Saturday. (By the way, we have decided that the SAT is more of an endurance test than anything else. The students were told to be on campus at 7:45. With a chaotic beginning, the test did not wrap up until 1 PM. Glad he brought a snack!)

Jane

Wishing your daughter and all AP test takers well. My son had two finals at the CC yesterday, coming on the heels of the regular SAT Saturday. (By the way, we have decided that the SAT is more of an endurance test than anything else. The students were told to be on campus at 7:45. With a chaotic beginning, the test did not wrap up until 1 PM. Glad he brought a snack!)

Jane

Totally agree with you about the endurance test, Jane!! My dd did two full-blown practice tests and was exhausted afterwards. So she knew she'd be exhausted after the real deal. And why does it take so long to herd everybody to the right room, instruct them how to bubble, etc.?

Wishing your ds the best on his SAT and cc finals!! And thanks for your good wishes. This year has been one of proving our mommy grades via all these tests, and it's not been fun. I want to sit on the couch and read! Do you think I can rent a 6 year old? :001_smile:

This year has been one of proving our mommy grades via all these tests, and it's not been fun. I want to sit on the couch and read! Do you think I can rent a 6 year old? :001_smile:

First, I'm glad your dd's room was quiet. I cannot imagine testing in a noisy room. DS took the State Chemistry Olympiad test last Friday --- 2 hr test, unrelated to the AP's. 106 kids in this room with little arm tables -- not the greatest conditions. DS asked me afterwards WHAT DO TEACHERS HAVE TO TALK ABOUT FOR 2 HRS???? There were 4 teachers in the front of the room who chatted with each other throughout the test. Nothing was on the line for that test---other than it will be really nice if he places to prove once again my mommy grades

And last night at skate practice I watched 2, 6yr old boys playing tag... I thought back to those days and so would like to sit on the sofa and just read books, watch them color in a map.....

Carole