Menu

Apologia Biology Lab..Co-op Class or at home?

Forgive me if this as been touched on before, but I couldn't find anything on it...

My 9th grader will be using Apologia's Biology and I am just wondering is it worth it to pay for a once a week lab and follow "their" schedule? Or should be just do it at home?

I am not a huge science person, but I do like Biology, and Dh is an engineer so of course he is totally into science.

Is it of a benefit to do an outside lab?

I see two benefits to doing the science lab in a co-op setting:

1) It will get done. All too often, messy labs get pushed aside in a busy household!

2) It will help pace your student through the modules of Apologia Science. There's nothing like an outside deadline to keep student and parents motivated to get the job done.

Forgive me if this as been touched on before, but I couldn't find anything on it...

My 9th grader will be using Apologia's Biology and I am just wondering is it worth it to pay for a once a week lab and follow "their" schedule? Or should be just do it at home?

I am not a huge science person, but I do like Biology, and Dh is an engineer so of course he is totally into science.

Is it of a benefit to do an outside lab?

My older dc have enjoyed meeting together with others for labs. And the accountability ha been good for us. However, the Apologia biology labs are completely manageable at home. Another benefit of doing them at home is being able to do them as they come up in the reading.

Lisa