Menu

Stupid flu - local high school just closed...

and of course that is where the AP exams are this week. #$%^&* DS is frantic. I just finished emailing/calling College Board and the school - no word yet on whether or not the AP exams will be done elsewhere or rescheduled...or if the kids are just out of luck this year. DRAT!!!

and of course that is where the AP exams are this week. #$%^&* DS is frantic. I just finished emailing/calling College Board and the school - no word yet on whether or not the AP exams will be done elsewhere or rescheduled...or if the kids are just out of luck this year. DRAT!!!

Did you talk to the AP coordinator at the school? He/She should know the plan. College Board is prepared, and has posted messages on the email lists for AP teachers. The general idea is to use the make-up test at a later date. There should be no delay in scoring, according to College Board. My school has not closed, but our current plan, if that were to happen, is to try to go on with AP exams as scheduled. We would have that room disinfected and just have the AP kids come in. If we can't do that, we go to the make-up tests at a later date. (I teach AP Calculus at a public high school in Georgia.)

My husband teaches AP Calculus and has a large group of kids planning to take the test this week. When he gets home I'll ask him about this. I'm sure there must be a back-up plan. (His school isn't closed but several in our district are and I know this has been discussed.)

I'll get back to you.