Menu

How many chapters are in Susan's Ancient World book?

If you are using this for high school, about how many chapters per day or week is your student reading? Are you having your student outline every chapter or chapter summaries? What else are you adding in? Thank you.

Also, anything questionable in this that you wouldn't want your high schooler to read?

Edited by Quiver0f10

Hi Jean! There are 85 chapters in Susan's book so I'm thinking if I plan a 32 week school year to read it in, the kids will have to read 3 or 4 chapters a week. I'm trying to figure out how to do the outlining thing. There are many little timelines throughout the book which serve as summaries. I'm thinking of having the kids annotate those by writing short definitions/descriptions of each entry. Also, they'll be taking book notes as they read. So I'm not planning any actual outlining. This is just my initial idea. I have just started reading the book myself so I don't know about the questionable stuff. My impression is that anything of a seedier nature is spoken about with delicacy.

My 15ds is reading HAW as a history "spine" to supplement Omnibus I. He reads 3-4 chapters per week. I have him note three main points from each chapter in his notebook. We discuss anything he finds especially interesting. It is very well-written. My hat is off to SWB for a great work!

Cindy