Menu

9th grade schedule

Does BJU Grammar 9 contain literature and writing or is it indeed solely grammar? If the latter, then I would recommend adding literature and writing.

Other possibilities to consider might be art or music and a physical activity.

Regards,

Kareni

How does this look for 9th grade? Too much? Too little?

Algebra 2

Latin

BJU Grammar 9

Geography

Physical Science ( he did Biology this year)

Java ( Potter's School)

Thanks,

Melissa

What you have sounds good.

Our twins are doing for 9th grade:

English 10 (W.C. Langauge Arts for grammar/composition/vocabulary)

World History/ World Geography/World Literature (also for 10th grade as we are doing all three as a unit). They are covering ancients to ~1700's.

Algebra 2 (then geometry for son)

Chemistry (then physics for son)

Consumer Education and Health (will likely go slow paced to last the year instead of doing them one at at time as semester)

Foreign Language (Latin for son, Italian for daughter)

Keyboarding/Intro to Computer

Dd will also do music fundamentals and music lessons.

Ds probably won't do anything more since he wants to go through math/science in half the time then typical.

We also figure on "year round" school. They will officially start mid August. If they get courses done early then they will just start the next level for that subject area. They both want to take 3 weeks break from mid December to first week in January and some mini breaks here and there. Also for DD who competes in Kung Fu she will be doing "light school" a week before major tournaments. I figure we will just see how it goes... we may change our minds how we are to homeschool. I just love the flexibility of homeschooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does BJU Grammar 9 contain literature and writing or is it indeed solely grammar? If the latter, then I would recommend adding literature and writing.

Other possibilities to consider might be art or music and a physical activity.

Regards,

Kareni

Oops, My saying it sounded good, I was assuming writing and literature was included with BJU grammar. I didn't realize grammar could be done alone. I am so new to all this-LOL.

I don't include art/music as separate courses because I figure we will be including them in with the history.

For physical activity my twins do that anyway with Kung Fu, bowling, sports camps, etc... I wasn't thinking of it as school course.

Anita