Menu

Math tutors........

When you've had to seek a tutor for math where did you look? My dd is going to attend a local homeschool high school next year for her high school years and I'm concerned about her math. Thinking I might need to line up a tutor. Where have you looked?

I've tutored Math for about 25 years now...

When I lived in a city I posted ads at the local library. I was also on a 'tutoring' list at the local high school--call the guidance counselor's office and ask if they have a list of potential tutors.

If you have a university near by you can post a notice in the Education and/or Math departments.

Now I live out 'in the boonies' I tutor more online. I like this option because it saves travel time.

Ask around--any high school parent you run into. Most of my clients have been through 'word of mouth'.

Call the nearest university with a math education program and ask for student tutors. Ask at church. :) Ask at the nearest high school counselor's office. Ask kids just a bit older than your kid if they know a tutor.

I've tutored for about 28 years now, and I never have any problem finding students. GRIN.

Lori