Menu

Picture ID's??

But here in Florida we can get a non-driver ID from the state. The minimum age used to be 14, but they changed it a couple of years ago to no age limit.

My daughter took the ACT before they changed the law, and was too young for a state ID. We followed the directions on the ACT website, which had us printing a photo of her and a statement affirming her identity and then getting her signature on that paper notarized. (The notary told us at the time, by the way, that the whole excercize was meaningless, because as a minor her signature meant nothing. But it got her through the process.)

I also know of people who print their own "school IDs." If you get it laminated, those can look pretty official.

I think I'd call or e-mail the SAT folks as ask what they want you to do.

We were in the same boat. My son had a passport photo and that worked fine. My friend's daughter used her admission card to Great Adventure Amusement Park and that worked as well. Our county has identification cards with a photo id, you could check with your county to see if they generate these cards. Good luck!

Make sure you get a list of documents to bring with you. You should be able to find it on their website. I don't kow if every state is like this but in Michigan homeschoolers have to jump through a few hoops but we did get one for my ds.