Menu

Another Prentice Hall Science question

I have looked at every post I can find on here regarding Prentice Hall Science and I like what I've heard. I'm leaning toward the Physical Science: Concepts in Action for my in-the-fall 9th grade dd. I went to the website and pulled all the ISBN #'s for just about everything (except the Spanish version LOL) and plugged them into Amazon. Wow! It looks like I can pick up all the pieces for a song. The problem now is to know which pieces to sing for. It is rather confusing and especially since I have a hunch some of the components are included in some of the more expensive resources. For example, does the Teacher's Express include the test banks & answers?

Can someone who has put this together and used it help please?

TIA

JG

Edited by JustGin

I'd like to know this too. What exactly do I need to buy to make a complete program? I'm thinking the student text and workbook and if I want answers and teaching help I can get the TM for both of those. What else did you find useful or essential?

Karen

I'd like to know this too. What exactly do I need to buy to make a complete program? I'm thinking the student text and workbook and if I want answers and teaching help I can get the TM for both of those. What else did you find useful or essential?

Karen

I bought the student text, instructor text and teachers express. For the program I used (PH Bio 2008) the teacher express contained far more than I needed. I only really needed the test making software, which you can buy separately. So, for chemistry, I only got the test creator software. For the labs we bought the lab workbooks and the teacher lab workbook. Those are only 5/6 dollars each. In some cases, there were extra hints and helpful comments in the teachers lab workbook, so I'd advise getting it. I understand that in some cases the lab stuff is in the teachers express. So, if you get that and are willing to read and print it from your computer, that would be the way to go.

I encourage you to call and talk with PH. They have great customer support and they will explain exactly what each product contains. I know that the chemistry e-book is different than the biology one. The chem ebook contains chem asap. So, I think you should probably call and make sure that you know what you are buying.

Holly