Menu

Is Express Mail Delivered With Regular Mail?

My husband is a letter carrier. Express mail is taken out by a separate carrier - usually a part-time flexible carrier, which means he/she is relatively new at the game. All carriers are hired as ptf's and become regulars when someone quits or retires and they are next in line to fill the position.

I broke down and called the po here. Unfortunately, it won't arrive until tomorrow and I'll already be gone to the convention. It is maddening! I paid extra for express and it still didn't do me any good. Grrr. BTW it was a sling to carry my baby! So, I'm off to find plan B. :001_smile:

I broke down and called the po here. Unfortunately, it won't arrive until tomorrow and I'll already be gone to the convention. It is maddening! I paid extra for express and it still didn't do me any good. Grrr. BTW it was a sling to carry my baby! So, I'm off to find plan B. :001_smile:

Well, that's just maddening. I'm sorry you didn't get your baby sling. If it makes you feel any better I've had the same thing happen with FedEx and the UPS guy - it's not just the USPS. Once the UPS guy even told his boss he had attempted delivery (I was at home staring out the window watching desperately for him to show up the whole ding-dong day!). I kept checking the website all day and when it said "Attempted delivery" I nearly burst a blood vessel! Turns out he tried to deliver it to the wrong address and there was no one home there.

We were waiting for a uniform my son had to wear to an international event for Civil Air Patrol and his plane was leaving the next day - AAACCKKK!!!

I did get a refund for the extra cost in postage from the store I bought it from, even though it wasn't their fault. I'd at least ask for a refund if I were you - couldn't hurt, kwim?

(I was at home staring out the window watching desperately for him to show up the whole ding-dong day!).

Oh my! That is so me! I was jumping at every truck noise hoping it was coming. I should relax now that I know it's not coming, but I'm still jumping just in case the lady I talked to was wrong.;)