Menu

PSAT Math.....

:cursing: I just finished skimming over the math chapter of the Rocket Review Revolution SAT and PSAT guide and was stumped by almost every question, and I'm really a smart person! I got almost all of them wrong! It's not just this guide either, after looking at college board questions of the day etc. these are not unreasonable questions. Dd is scheduled to take this in 10th grade as a trial and we're starting to prep now, concentrating on math, because we're finished with Algebra 2 for this yr.

What prep is best for math (she really dislikes Chalkdust, so any other recommendations)?

Is the real test really this hard? Do plenty of people do well on the math test?

:cursing: I just finished skimming over the math chapter of the Rocket Review Revolution SAT and PSAT guide and was stumped by almost every question, and I'm really a smart person! I got almost all of them wrong! It's not just this guide either, after looking at college board questions of the day etc. these are not unreasonable questions. Dd is scheduled to take this in 10th grade as a trial and we're starting to prep now, concentrating on math, because we're finished with Algebra 2 for this yr.

What prep is best for math (she really dislikes Chalkdust, so any other recommendations)?

Is the real test really this hard? Do plenty of people do well on the math test?

Princeton Review's 2009, Cracking the SAT, comes with a DVD. I have no experience with PR's DVD, though. We used CD and think it's worth the money. Ds missed a perfect score on the math section by 2 & 3 questions both times he took the SAT.

Edited by Carmen_and_Company
Book title correction