Menu

The Lively Art of Writing....

I think I originally planned it as a semester course, but then it bled into January/February. It was the one of the classes at home that could be pushed when the outside classes became a bit demanding. ;) While I like the book, I found that I had to sub essay topics for ds because he just didn't have much to say about some of those suggested (required) in the book.

Lisa

Hmmm....I was hoping we could get through this in about 8-12 weeks, but didn't know if that would be pushing it.

Brenda:001_smile:

You could possibly do that. We found a chapter per week was very manageable, so perhaps by pushing a little faster, you could do all 14/15 chapters in 12 weeks. Not so sure about 8.

Hope that helps,

Lisa

Brenda, how old is your student? I have a 10th grader working through this now. She could easily do it in 8 weeks, but we aren't doing it very regularly...she's finishing ch 4, and we started it about 9 weeks ago. :) At least through ch 4, the assignments have not been very time consuming. For us, it's just a matter of scheduling it with her other writing (mostly Lightning Lit assignments).

11th grader and 9th grader.....Still praying about which child to use this with.......Right now I have Format writing for the 11th grader and Wordsmith Craftsman for the 9th grader.....

Had thought I would work through Lively with ds 11th grader the 1st part of the year including some of the summer.....BEFORE he does Format....

And then do Lively with dd 9th grader AFTER she is done with Craftsman at the end of the year in the spring OR beginning of her 10th grader year.....

Does that help?

Brenda