Menu

Cooking ? Any idea on how long to cook a frozen Lasagna?

Depending on the size of the Pyrex dish, I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and cook the lasagna for about 45 minutes. (I would cover it with its lid or aluminum foil.) Then, I'd uncover it and cook it for another 15 minutes, if I wanted to melt and brown the top a bit. It might take longer to cook than that if it's a really thick lasagna -- if it doesn't seem steamy when you take the lid off after 45 minutes, put the lid back on and cook it for another 15 minutes or so. You can also stick a knife in the middle of the lasagna to see if it's still frozen.

If you have a cooking thermometer, you can test the temperature of the middle of the lasagna after about 45 minutes or so, to see if it's hot enough.

If you can leave it out for a while before heating it, it will cook faster, but if there's meat in it, be careful not to leave it out for too long -- I usually just go straight from the freezer to the oven with no problems.

Good luck!

Cat

IME, it takes waay longer than I think it should, kwim?

I usually guess an hour at 375 & it's sometimes still frozen inside, depending on the size of the pan & how big & dense it is.

I now microwave it for about 10 mins on high & then shove it in the oven. That seems to get the center warmed up a bit & then an hour to hour & fifteen seems about right.

Oops -- forgot to add --

You can also bake it at 400 - 425 degrees if you're sure there's plenty of sauce in the lasagna. If not, stick with 350, so it doesn't get dried out.

If you use a higher temperature, keep checking to be sure the top and bottom don't burn before the inside is fully heated.

Cat

Wow, it looks like my estimates are way off -- I haven't made a frozen lasagna in a while, so I must be remembering incorrectly.. or else I make the skimpiest lasagna in the history of the world!

I'm glad others have posted with better estimates -- I'd hate to think I messed up anyone's dinner!

Cat