Menu

I received my Veritas Training MP3s

If anyone was curious, I received my mp3s. Quick shipping and I'm pleased to report that there are lots and lots of good lectures. The ones on Omnibus that I've listened to so far have been great, very helpful. If you've been on the fence about purchasing these, I'd say that you will definitely get your $49 worth. There are 270 mp3s. You're bound to find some that you like.

Thanks, Angelina. That's good to hear. I ordered mine last week, so they should be here soon. I'm looking forward to listening to them.

I read on another post that you are working on Omnibus I because you plan to use it in 2 years. We are going to start Omnibus I in August, so I was planning on working ahead and thought I would start in May. It sounded like such a good plan at the time, but now I feel like I should have started last May(sigh). It's on my desk now, and I think March 1 may be a more prudent start date for me. Hey, I might have the Omnibus lectures to listen to by then. Uhh, yeah, that's right, I was waiting for the Omnibus lectures before I started...

Take care,

I just want to encourage you by saying that pre-reading will be helpful but really isn't essential to use the Omnibus program successfully.

It has just not been possible for me to pre-read all the books in Omnibus I & II and to be honest I doubt I'd have been able to get through them without the encouragement of the sessions and discussions we've had along the way -- this is tough stuff.

I read the assigned material at the same time as my dds, we discuss the material but *I* have the teacher manual -- oh, the power ;)

The Omnibus sessions from the teacher training were very helpful before I started the program.

HTH

this morning---there's a LOT on there!

Question---would ALL of those lectures fit on an MP3 player (i.e., iPOD)? I should probably check with my iPOD-savvy middle daughter. I do better with listening to lectures when I can take a walk. That way I'm learning while I'm exercising!

Depends on the size of your ipod. I've got the ipod classic and it has room for everything. It was so easy too. Oh, how I wish that my beloved Circe would go to the mp3 format. Are you listening Andrew Kern? ; ) It was soooo much easier to put on my ipod.

I bought them before we started the Omnibus. The lectures are not all about Omnibus, but include teaching Latin, history, literature, writing, etc...

I really enjoyed them. It gave me a better idea about what to expect, and it gave me a better understanding of how their material works. (such as the books they choose for elementary school reading. The books seem too hard, but all work is done in class with the teacher. They have no homework at all until 7th grade.)

I also got a few ideas for teaching my kids, and I was encouraged in my homeschooling.

I recommend the series, buying older ones makes it much cheaper.

HTH

Kim