Menu

What can I make with red delicious apples?

Cut them into bite-sized cubes. Add coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts and a bit of mayonnaise, then mix. (Not too much mayo-- you only need enough to coat the apple pieces so they don't turn brown.) You can also add one or more of the following in amounts to suit your taste: mini marshmallows, halved seedless grapes, chopped celery, pineapple tidbits, etc.

Well, I use the same apples for all of these recipes....I know that certain apples are supposed to be better for cooking but I just buy whatever apple is on sale.

Apple Cake

Apple Wal-Nut muffins

Applesauce

Apple Pie

Applesauce is by far the easiest....just core them and throw them in a pot with about an inch of water....simmer until mushy....cool, drain and put in the blender. Add sugar and cinnamon if desired.:)

I'd vote for some warm applesauce. My family loves it fresh off the stove, and we have found red delicious to make the best applesauce.

I like to peel, core, and slice them. Then put them either in a saucepan or the crock pot with about 1/2 c. of unsweetened apple juice. Cook until tender and then mash or blend with some cinnamon. No need for sugar.

OOOOO apple pie sounds HEAVENLY right now. With vanilla ice cream melted on top. OH, I'm hungry now!!!:drool:

You had me with the addition of vanilla ice cream.

I'm going to do a crisp with the ice cream. I was just worried about it coming out too mushy and yucky from being the "wrong" kind of apples.

I have 8 red delicious apples that no one has eaten and now need to be used up. What can I make with red delicious apples?

Slice thin and cook with nutmeg in a little butter. No sugar needed. Cinnamon is nice, too.