Menu

Two-hear AP world history sullabus?

I will have a young "high schooler" next year. My plan is to have her in high school-level work in all subjects, though by age, she will be in 6th grade, hence the quotes.

I want to give her a significant challenge and am thinking about AP World History over 2 years, having her take the exam in 2011. Does anyone have a source for a syllabus that does this? I have no interest in reinventing the wheel here.

Thanks

Terri

Holly,

She would take the AP at the end of her 7th grade year after covering the material in 6th and 7th.

She also will be doing all (or mostly all) high school subjects in 6th grade. She's already doing a lot of high school level classes in 5th grade (e.g., Alg. II and geometry, literature).

Terri

http://www.socialstudies.com/c/apworld.html?s@1CxgSIkWhiGqg everything you need I love this company . I would preread some of the suggested texts depending on the sensitivities of your child some things are just a stretch emotionally for a 12 year old. I am in the same boat and it is very challenging to find things that push dd to tackle complex syntax but do not describe torture . The books suggested are excellent but might be too much. Perhaps that is just my sensitivity I threw up in AP World History while watching Night and Fog, burst into tears reading Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury for Literature and so on. Just thinking out loud here...

Thanks, Elizabeth. That looks like a good resource, and thanks also for the tip. I will keep it in mind. I do have to remind myself that while she's exceptionally mature in many ways, she is still just 11. When she read her first Nancy Drew mystery, at age 5, she didn't like them because the "ghosts" which, of course, weren't really ghosts at all, scared her. The book itself was easy, but the relatively tame subject matter was not. By the time she was ready for the ghosts, the story lines were too young for her.

I know this will be a significant challenge for her (and me), but that's exactly what I am looking for. If she does well, gold stars all around. If she bombs the exam, she'll still know a whole lot more history than your average 13 year old.

Terri