Menu

What about those *free* NASA materials? Did you get yours?

Someone (and I just did try to search for this thread but didn't find) put forth an offer for free NASA materials. I went for it - gave the grade level info, my address, etc - stuff I don't give out easily but did b/c it looked legit - but have rec'd nothing. Well, I did get an email wanting MORE info as to grade levels of my other, younger, dc. BUT haven't rec'd any materials as yet in the mail. It's got me a little nervous is all.

Have you rec'd your materials??

:001_unsure: Cheryl

Dear Cheryl,

I really appreciate your providing complete details, and I think you're going to like the materials. Thank you for participating in my little educational outreach program. I have sent your request on to NASA to be filled. If you wouldn't mind helping me to get the word out to as many teachers and students as possible I would be very appreciative. We will send to any K-12 school, public or private, as well as home schoolers. All I need is the following information to be emailed to me at:

Rebecca.Griffin@cox.net

School name

School address

School phone number

Teacher's name

Number of students

Grade

Type of class for 7th to 12th (for example, chemistry, calculus, etc.)

:tongue_smilie:And guess what?? I rec'd my materials TODAY! I guess I jumped the gun. I only ordered it on 1/22 - it just seemed so much longer ago (in my timeless world)

This would have raised eyebrows for me because I would want to more about the person or group that is acting as the go between. I know that I have been registered as a teacher on NASA's website in order to download stuff. I'd be curious about the "outreach program." I'm not totally sure about why there needs to be a third party, unless they area ctually paying for some of the non free stuff from NASA.

This would have raised eyebrows for me because I would want to more about the person or group that is acting as the go between. I know that I have been registered as a teacher on NASA's website in order to download stuff. I'd be curious about the "outreach program." I'm not totally sure about why there needs to be a third party, unless they area ctually paying for some of the non free stuff from NASA.

...I seem to recall there was a legit sounding reason for Rebecca Griffin mediating this opportunity. Like I said, just can't remember. But you could email her and ask or, maybe more satisfactory for you would be to email NASA and ask about her. The OP did this and posted it in her (his?) post to WTM. HTH.