1. 1. What say you?

• I love Mamma
    • I love Momma

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama. Couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the others. It always has been and always will be "Mama" for me. I called my Mama that, my Mama called her Mama that and, inexplicably, my girls transitioned themselves from the Mommy of the early years to Mama. (Note that my mother has been dead for a long time, so they never observed me calling anyone Mama AND my siblings children are all grown and have always used Mom for their mothers.) No idea why my girls moved to Mama. Glad they did, though.

Side note, one of the girls tried calling me "mother" for a while after watching a old movie. Yeah. Didn't like that. Kindly asked her to not call me that.

My two cents.

What about "Throw Momma From the Train?" Anyone remember that one (I haven't read all the responses so maybe this has already been mentioned). The only scene I remember is Danny Devito hitting Billy Crystal in the face with a frying pan.

BTW, I spell it M-A-M-A.

And remember the old comic strip called "Momma" byMell Lazarus.

Mama. ;)

However....my dh spells it "Momma", with a capital "M" because that is what he calls his mom. He was very surprised when I told him he had been spelling it incorrectly all his life. His mom even writes Mama when referring to herself. Dh never noticed. Spelling is not his strong-point. :D