Menu

Spanish ideas, anyone?

Desert Rat

I'd like to start Spanish in the fall with Huck. We will be continuing Latin for Children. The above thread got me thinking. I should probably start asking around, huh? LOL So, that said, we like LFC and it works for us. I'd like something with a similar format if possible. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm hoping I become a larvae with this one too. I'm not just visiting, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not! :)

I did Puertas Abiertas with both my girls (6 and 3.5) and have my oldest doing Learnables Spanish Level 1. When she's ready to start Level 2, I have some Spanish language cartoons -- Juanito Jones and Las Tres Mellizas to start, and will get more if there is interest. I'm interested to see other suggestions on this thread as I'd like a second program to do with her. After Learnables, Rosetta Stone would be the next step, in conjunction with a more intensive grammar study.

Puertas Abiertas was a big hit, even with my older girl (who picked up a surprising amount). The Learnables are drier by far and I don't think she'd have much interest if the first level wasn't on the computer. I'm hoping Level 2 is available on CD-ROM by the time she's ready.