Menu

How fast is your internet connection?

I am only able to receive the lowest At&t internet that they offer. And I live in LA!! Not in a suburb or rural area! I don't get it. :glare:

Anyways, don't know what the results mean. I just know my internet stinks and goes in and out CONSTANTLY and I can't watch Netflix on my computer or Youtube (takes forever to load).

OP link: 640 Kbps was my result

1362195110.png

Edited by LAmom

Using Bill's site I got 2.1Mbps and 2.4Mbps,

using the other site I got.

1362223577.png

not quite sure why they are using a server 150 mi away though.

ok I told it to use a different server and although it's still about 150mi away I got this.

1362229647.png

Edited by nukeswife

.51 mbps download, .37 mbps upload.

ETA: That was speedtest.net. I have a suspicion one of our other computers is online right now. It's not a great connection (broadband) but it's usually a little better than that.

2wire.com has it at 486 kbps.

Edited by darlasowders

Download 21.09 Mb/s

Upload 3.69 Mb/s

Ping 8 ms

Faster than 98% of the US :party:

No wonder I'm always complaining when I try to connect to another wireless network. We use Comcast cable and will never, ever switch!

Edited to add, my husband works in the software industry as did I in a previous life. We have quite low tolerance for slow connection and my husband really does need it for work!

At the slowest end, think SLOTH! ON a really good day, about as fast as my puppy can run! It's a sad little internet system out here in the sticks.

The ping is 105 ms. It was 347 ms this morning.

Download is 2.46 and upload is .57 on this last speedtest. It was slower about three hours ago.

Faith

• 2 weeks later...

54.0 Mps no idea what that means but that is what it says. I am also running netflix, a desktop, my laptop and my ipod which surly slows things downs.

ETA: ok that is just what my computer said when I went into my controls, it was way slower on those test sites like 13.4 Mps We hve service through Openrange.net. I liked them becase I can set up to pay a year at a time and not deal with monthly bills. It's like $600 something for a year of internet + free long distance. Not bad IMO.

Edited by MichelleC

• 8 months later...

5.3 Mbps. I live out in the country. Cable isn't available and we have old old telephone lines. I had wildblue for years and recently upgraded to fixed wireless. I'm thrilled with my fast Internet even though it's not all that fast. It's also unlimited bandwidth which is so nice!

1867124539.png

I think we pay $40 a month for Comcast's "Blast" level of high speed. It's not super-impressive, but gives us unlimited data transfer, which is a necessity for us. My friend is stuck with satellite broadband and has to ration like crazy.

ETA: I ran the test again, and this time the results were more in line with what "Blast" actually advertises, which is 30 mbps. It picked a different server this time, too. Weird.

1867171206.png

Edited by KirstenH

1867173030.png

PSA: If you have cancelled your cable tv, check your frequency.

We just had Cox out here yesterday because our internet would slow every once in awhile. We disconnected our cable a few months ago, but we hadn't disconnected the splitters. The splitters spilt the frequency between cable and internet. Now that we don't have cable tv, our frequency range was too high so it would go out of range occasionally. Still completely watchable, just would slow. We called and Cox was able to check our speed history over the phone and they had a guy come out and remove all of the splitters from the house and adjust the frequency for free.

Disclaimer: We also pay for the super speed internet, have a band new modem and router because we are a family of gamers.

Thank you for this VERY helpful post!

We had a ping of 65ms, a download speed of 30.35 Mbps, and an upload of 3.37Mbps. This is Comcast cable. I don't have any problems with the service. I can watch movies or tv shows on it fine. I do have a problem when using the laptop but I am sure that is because the router and the distance.

Just so you all know, this is an old thread that was SPAMed this am and probably means I resurrected the thread as I posted the "reported" after that spammer.

Sorry about that.

If I had just reported it and not posted would it have gone back to the archives?

I ran it three times...I got 46.78 Mbps the first time, 46.51 Mbps the second time, and 30.23 Mbps the third.

Using the Speedtest site, I got 3871 kbps down and 570 kbps up.

We're on Bell Canada DSL.

My kids are impressed! When they saw you were in Canada, they understood. I don't . . .

I just got 25 MbPS

• 2 years later...

I get 242kbps.

I'm thinking the grade for that would be CS-"crippled snail."

Not the end of the civilized world, but we are a house on a hill in a well. I can't even place a cell phone call from the house. It's DSL, in name, but...

ETA: Rats! I didn't see it was an old thread either! Means I'm as slow on the uptake as my internet this morning. Guess I need more caffeine!