Menu

Does anyone know the title of this picture book? Family in 3rd world country...

This is kind of a long-shot but.....does anyone know the title of a children's picture book about a family in a 3rd world country that receive goats (or maybe chickens) from a non-profit group. The story was told from the perspective of the receiving family and mentioned how they used the milk (or was it eggs) from the livestock to support their family.

This is kind of a long-shot but.....does anyone know the title of a children's picture book about a family in a 3rd world country that receive goats (or maybe chickens) from a non-profit group. The story was told from the perspective of the receiving family and mentioned how they used the milk (or was it eggs) from the livestock to support their family.

Are you thinking of Beatrice's Goat? It's about a Ugandan girl and is based on the Project Heifer works.

Beatrice actually gets an education in Uganda and comes to the US on scholarship to college. My kids adn I went to the Heifer Intl farm in MA last fall and saw the movie. At the end of the movie, the speaker mentioned that she went to Connecticut College, which is just down the road from us here in CT! I think she graduated this past June. Kind of cool to think about!

jeri

Beatrice actually gets an education in Uganda and comes to the US on scholarship to college. My kids adn I went to the Heifer Intl farm in MA last fall and saw the movie. At the end of the movie, the speaker mentioned that she went to Connecticut College, which is just down the road from us here in CT! I think she graduated this past June. Kind of cool to think about!

jeri

Thanks for sharing this. We love that book and my boys will enjoy hearing this update on Beatrice. :001_smile: