Menu

Need suggestions for gift for son's girlfriend...

My son's girlfriend is coming to stay a few days at our house over New Year's and I would like to give her a small gift. I have not met her yet...my son is in college and he met her there.

Any suggestions? I thought about making her a scarf or something...I don't want to go overboard or too personal. To tell the truth, I really don't know much about her yet. Also, I don't want to spend very much money.

Besides making a scarf, any suggestions?

Thanks!

jak

My son's girlfriend is coming to stay a few days at our house over New Year's and I would like to give her a small gift. I have not met her yet...my son is in college and he met her there.

Any suggestions? I thought about making her a scarf or something...I don't want to go overboard or too personal. To tell the truth, I really don't know much about her yet. Also, I don't want to spend very much money.

Besides making a scarf, any suggestions?

Thanks!

jak

I don't know about giving her a gift, but I would certainly do something special to make her feel welcome. Probably fresh flowers in her room with a really friendly welcome note. As far as an actual gift, a scarf sounds fine.

Ours sons have had the same girlfriends for over 4 years now, but in the beginning I was in your shoes. I dind't know them, but wantd to acknowledge them in our lives.

I knitted them scarves the first year.

I bought them fun socks and enclosed a gift card to a local coffee shop. That way they could get away from the family for a cup of whatever if they wanted to. Movie passes are nice too.

I have also done movie at home theme baskets. Get a large cheap bowl and fill with Micro popcorn, hot cocoa mix, tea, soda, juice drinks, whatevr they like to drink..and buy a videio or a gift card to a local video store. A fun puzzle also works well with that gift. Gives them something to do in their down time with family.

• 6 months later...
Guest EliotLe

I think clothes like a scarf or a cap are good ideas for gifts. If you don't know a person too well, you should probably stick to classic gifts like pretty flowers because the person won't expect too much. You shouldn't embarass the receiver with an amazing gift because he will feel uncomfortable when he doesn't have a good gift for you.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest chu082011

Thanks for sharing. I have got some my ideals. I hope it's useful for you.

We also find them more same at: Best gift ideas for girl girlfriends

Best rgs.

• 1 year later...