Menu

Question about WWE and FLL

robbie

We have just started with FLL and want to get the WWE workbooks also.

Should the WWE workbooks correspond with the same level in FLL? Or is it recommended to start with the WWE Level 1 Workbook regardless of age with no previous narration or dictation experience?

My ds will just be turning 8 in a few weeks. We are doing a quick review of

FLL 1 and then moving on to FLL 2.

I'm not sure I if should start him in the 1st or 2nd workbook.

Blessings,

Robbie

I think they were designed to complement each other for the levels, but it it is much more important that you choose the WWE level based on what level your ds needs. I am pretty sure that in the sticky merged thread at the top of the boad, SWB give a general guideline about placement for WWE based on how much and how well a child can copy, dictate and narrate.

Should the WWE workbooks correspond with the same level in FLL? Or is it recommended to start with the WWE Level 1 Workbook regardless of age with no previous narration or dictation experience?

My ds will just be turning 8 in a few weeks. We are doing a quick review of

FLL 1 and then moving on to FLL 2.

I'm not sure I if should start him in the 1st or 2nd workbook.

SWB says,

"young children progress at very different rates through acquiring the skills. The levels are roughly equivalent to grades, but reluctant writers may need to start at a lower level. Essentially:

if your child can do copywork well, but struggles a bit with one to two sentence dictations, start with Level 2,

if your child struggles with three to four sentence dictation and/or has difficulty with coherent, brief summaries, start with Level 3,

if your (slightly older) child can think of what to write but can't get it on paper, start with Level 4.

There are diagnostic tests in the Writing With Ease text to help you place your student. "

Based on the above, I started level two with my just 7 yo 2nd grader who "can do copywork well, but struggles a bit with one to two sentence dictations" and my 4th grader who struggles with writing in general.

:)

katherine