Menu

moisturizer . . . .

gardenmom5

Jojoba oil with Rosehip Essential oil mixed in. I use it morning and evening.

I have very light, sensitive skin. During summer, I have to add a sunscreen as well.

4oz of jojoba oil cost me around $15.00 depending on what brand you choose.

It lasts for months and months.

Kristen, you're in Washington, right?  Drive to Goldendale and purchase the moisturizer from the nuns at St. John's Orthodox Monastery.  It's $7.95 for the larger of the two containers (4 oz, I think).  I even priced it with shipping once and as far as I remember, it was still less than half what I had been paying for my Burt's Bees moisturizer.  It's delish.  It's rich and creamy, not greasy at all (my pet peeve with all natural moisturizers) and it's all natural ;-). 

Really, I searched around for a long time, and I'm sold for life.  Get two, and then have a gyro and some baklava.  And say hi to my daughter   :)

• Like 3

Kristen, you're in Washington, right?  Drive to Goldendale and purchase the moisturizer from the nuns at St. John's Orthodox Monastery.  It's $7.95 for the larger of the two containers (4 oz, I think).  I even priced it with shipping once and as far as I remember, it was still less than half what I had been paying for my Burt's Bees moisturizer.  It's delish.  It's rich and creamy, not greasy at all (my pet peeve with all natural moisturizers) and it's all natural ;-). 

Really, I searched around for a long time, and I'm sold for life.  Get two, and then have a gyro and some baklava.  And say hi to my daughter   :)

I just looked at their store on the website.  You should write a customer review since they currently have zero.   :001_smile:

Edited by Laurie

I use the cucumber aloe one but I think they'd all have the same texture.  I love the cucumber aloe, though.  Crisp and clean. 

I just looked at their store on the website.  You should write a customer review since they currently have zero.   :001_smile:

I have actually tried!   I don't think they post them ... maybe they're too humble and unvain to acknowledge the praise (opposite of me).  :D

• Like 2

that looks like a very fun field trip. .. . :auto:

dh would like the gyro . . . 2ds keeps pestering me to make baklava. (I have a killer recipe.  I make thinner nut layers - so there are more.  five sheets of phyllo between each layer of nuts.) after having to listen to mil go on and on about her aunt's bakalva ('cause she's from armenia) - I tasted it. not bad, mine's better. - I finally shut her up by giving her some of mine.)  takes hours to put together - but ohlalal!

I got the st. demitrious cookbook - https://www.cookbookvillage.com/products/greek-cooking-demitrus-church-cookbook.  :001_wub:   I could live on greek food.  

that looks like a very fun field trip. .. . :auto:

dh would like the gyro . . . 2ds keeps pestering me to make baklava. (I have a killer recipe.  I make thinner nut layers - so there are more.  five sheets of phyllo between each layer of nuts.) after having to listen to mil go on and on about her aunt's bakalva ('cause she's from armenia) - I tasted it. not bad, mine's better. - I finally shut her up by giving her some of mine.)  takes hours to put together - but ohlalal!

I got the st. demitrious cookbook - https://www.cookbookvillage.com/products/greek-cooking-demitrus-church-cookbook.   :001_wub:   I could live on greek food.  

Don't mean to hijack the thread,but gardenmom5  if you feel like sharing I'd love the recipe for the baklava.

Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Cream is typically the highest rated for keeping your face moist.  That said, in winter I typically start with some argan oil and then Regenerist, and then I add creamy baby lotion on top of that and Eucerin Intensive Very Dry Skin Lotion on top of that.  The last one is very greasy, but the greasy look goes away in about half an hour.  Oh, and there's a CVS generic for the Eucerin that seems to perform as well.  And then I drink an extra two liters of water because typically when I have skin that dry I'm also a bit dehydrated.

I do not wear makeup on the days I put that much crap on my face.

I have been using this locally made moisturizer for the past several months. I am pleased with it. It smells citrusy when you first put it on, which I like. I have gotten several compliments on my skin since I started using it.

https://www.mothertruffula.com/product-page/whipped-face-cream

I bought it after I got dd the whipped baby lotion for her excema. It cleared it right up.

...cruelty free company...

Thanks for the app information.  I promise, the sisters at St. John's don't test their monastery-made products on their goats (or chickens, or dogs, or cats).  ;)

Is your daughter a novice?

She is, Laura.  She's been there for about 18 months now. 

Edited by milovany
  • Like 2