Menu

X-Post Workload in Exp Writing 3 WTMA

Can anyone comment on the workload for Expository 3 through WTMA? I am looking specifically at Kayla Meyer's class.  Does she cover exactly the same amount of material in the book? We have worked through WWS 1 and half of WWS but switched to other materials the rest of this year.  

Kayla Meyers is great. Yes, they basically do all of WWS as written. I believe a couple weeks are skipped/condensed. They will do some of the work in class. Outside of class, time spent can range from 2 hours to 6 depending on what is assigned. Sometimes they have to read, take notes, and compose a 2-page paper all in the same week.I'd say the average is 3-4 hours a week outside class for WWS 2 and 3.

I always hesitate to try to answer these questions because I don't track very closely what my kids do and what they are working on as long as it all gets done. I asked my 15 yo ds how long he spends on it outside of class and he reports 3-4 hours. He had WTMA Expository 1 and 2 as preparation. I would say he works quickly and is not a perfectionist by any stretch. His papers are not perfect. He often gets 9/10 or 9.5/10.

He hasn't had any complaints about the class. He is in 9th grade and more into math. English does not come naturally to him but he is a sharp kid.

I don't know if that was at all helpful but I wanted to respond.

• Like 1