Menu

The Snack Shop Teachers Lounge 3-20-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme is brought to you by my son's new Snack Shop business - selling snacks and drinks to the teens who pass by our house twice a day to go to and from school, and others who might stop by.

Do any of your kids have small micro-business? Here: dd had a snack shop years ago. DS has revived it.

What's on schedule today? Here: weaving schooling inbetween online conference I'm "attending."

Any meetings this week? Here: I have a Desert Sleuths (mystery/crime/police procedural writers group) tomorrow night. That's all so far.

Talk to me! :bigear:

I'd love a snack right now!  I've been spoiled with home-made maple syrup from our own tree this year, but it's too cold for the sap to run now. So my sweet cravings are not being satisfied. 

My dd has a pet sitting business and my ds 15 has a tennis and badminton racquet stringing business. What is your "snack shop" exactly? Is it a physical location or an on-line thing?

• Like 1

Welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme is brought to you by my son's new Snack Shop business - selling snacks and drinks to the teens who pass by our house twice a day to go to and from school, and others who might stop by.

Do any of your kids have small micro-business? Here: dd had a snack shop years ago. DS has revived it.

What's on schedule today? Here: weaving schooling inbetween online conference I'm "attending."

Any meetings this week? Here: I have a Desert Sleuths (mystery/crime/police procedural writers group) tomorrow night. That's all so far.

Talk to me! :bigear:

The snack shop business sounds lucrative. My sons don't have any businesses to tend to, but last year they made a respectable amount of money working for Grandpa in the garden.

Today we have school and I need to finish a short story I'm rewriting.

Tonight I have writers' meeting.

The snack shop works this way: for the first few weeks I'll sit out there with him but after that I may buy us walkie talkies and he can let me know if he needs me.

Beyond that, he's setting up an hour before high school starts here, so we're set up on our front lawn near the street so passersby can see him. He has sports drinks, frappuccinos, and water, plus, chips, cookies, honeybuns, and oatmeal pies. He'll also be set up for an hour after high school lets out. Today is only the first day. We'll see how it goes from here on out!

• Like 2

Hi Scrap,

My kids cat-sit for a neighbor and are thinking about advertising on our street for more pet-sitting business. They need to make money for camp. They sometimes do extra chores for my mom or her neighbors and ear a little cash, but that is very occasional, not a regular business. ds is learnign to mow and weed-eat, so by the summer when he is 12, he should be able to earn money mowing yards. 

Today has been school with Ds, keeping an eye on him as he makes our dinner, and random deskwork. It is cold and raining, turning into freezing rain or snow tonight, so I'm glad we went out on a long walk with the dog before we started school work. Dd has been at her tutorial all day. 

No meetings, as in a small group of adults. Dd has a regular AHG meeting later this week. About 10 adults and 30 girls, plus extra parents and siblings hanging around. I often meet a friend for coffee on Friday am, but not this week, due to a FT.  

My kids are getting paid to help me with my Junior Science class, if needed.  I have 6 K-2nd graders in the class so an extra set of hands to hand out supplies, or grab something before it goes over, could be helpful.    There's not too many opportunities for them to make money around here.  High school, college kids, and adults do most of the babysitting/pet sitting/snow shoveling/leaf raking stuff.

Morning! No adult only meetings here just the usual round of kid activities. Definitely too many activities at the moment. I feel permanently exhausted and we can't get enough school or housework done. One activity is wrapping up soon so I'm not sure we'll renew that. Oldest wants to play AFL though so that will be another thing. Although closer to us.

My dd has been the only one with success in money making and that was with her budgies who bred prolifically for a while. We did take the breeding box away to give the birds a break though. Oldest really wants something to make money but it's hard to find opportunities.

Anyone want to talk about mornings? How do you get yourself going?

My kids want a lemonade stand. But, not the work that goes into it, lol. How awesome for your kids to start up a snack business!!

We are having our corned beef and cabbage tonight. I couldn't find a good brisket early enough to prep for the 17th, so here we are, lol, finally cooking. Smells great, DH's brother is coming over for dinner. The place is a mess, total chaos. Oh well.

• Like 1