Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  DH had to leave at 5:15 for a flight up to Philadelphia for a job interview.  So I'm up early.  We are expecting a ton of rain and wind in FL so I'm trying to plan my day accordingly.  I hear the wind now.

-coffee

-DS16 off to school

-make eye doctor appointment for DS13 and I (have been putting this off since December)

-school with DS13

-run to vegetable market and Publix before rain hits (and convince DS13 that he doesn't need to come with me)

-work out (1 hour+ of kickboxing)

-shower

-laundry (sheets and towels)  DONE:  4

-make a few Whole30 compliant lunches (taco meat, potato soup, rice some cauliflower, roast some cauliflower)

-straighten up for the cleaning people tomorrow

-DS16 baseball practice (4-6 if weather holds up) - CANCELLED

-read/jigsaw puzzle/relax

-dinner:   Eggs in Purgatory

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

take dd to tutorial

update budget

take dog and ds for a walk before the weather changes  The clouds are already moving in and the wind picking up. 
school with ds
call mom
pick up dd

dinner - Ds is making mexican. I love scout cooking requirements. :)

Amy, what children's ministry conference are you attending?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Hoping I can preserve my sanity today because there will be workers milling around in my house all day.  

•tidy up before workers get here

•school

•office work (unless there is too much commotion going on in that part of the house)

•do more research on Equine Metabolic Syndrome, remind dd to hose down pony's feet

•take Buttercup to vet for injection and incision check (I made her a little turtleneck to wear so she isn't able to scratch at the incision anymore. She is very displeased with me.)

•make a big bowl of salad

•dinner: pumpkin chili with wild rice and kale

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Paperwork, finances, etc is the theme of the day.

I also plan to finish putting away glassware, make a trip to Goodwill, and see if Replacements wants any of the better things I want to get rid of. I have some usual big name things, but I was surprised when I checked a more obscure set -- plates about $60 each. I'd be happy with a fraction of that, so I pulled them out of the Goodwill bag.

Dinner for dd is boxed Mac and cheese, which she likes. Ds will get a pizza. Evening event, have to leave early. I suppose I should get my old crockpot out of the basement and figure out a crockpot meal. Not really my thing. Or maybe I could put together a meatloaf and put it in the oven?

Forgive me, I am using this post to think aloud.

Ok, make meatloaf. Buy meatloaf meat. And other stock up, snow predicted -- a nor'easter, again -- for tomorrow.

• Like 6

Good morning

The school stuff will be copy and pasted through out the week and things that are done will be deleted

- coffee.... lots of coffee

- get up and dressed- done

- get dd2 up and dressed- done

- make sure dd2 has everything she needs- done

- take dd2 to school- done

- read ch. 10 for history

- notes and ch. 10 review for history

- history discussion- initial post done

- ch. 10 quiz

- history videos

- start issue paper due 4/8

- read primary documents and journal thoughts- 0/8 done

- read/notes/chapter reviews for chapters 5-13 in microbiology- ch. 5, 6, 7, 8 completely done, ch 9 started

- unit 3,4 and 5 questions for microbiology that are online and assigned as homework- unit 3 is done, unit 4 about 1/2 done

- unit 3, 4 and 5 study modules (get 20 points on exam if complete)- 8 out of 8 sections done for unit 3 0 out of 6 sections for unit 4 0 out of 8 for unit 5

- study for micro exam on Wednesday

- lab exercises- no more for the week though need to finish questions for lab 34

- chicken research.... slowly reading raising chickens for dummies-

- dishes-

- tidy kitchen-

- tidy living room-

- laundry

- fold/put away laundry

- girls off bus- done

- make sure dd1 reads and practice spelling words and help with any home work- no homework just spelling practice and reading- done

- Dd1 Girl Scout meeting- done

- tent camping research (we have a 6 person tent, 2 queen air mattresses and sleeping bags for the girls so far)- bought dh and I sleeping bags today

- Girl Scout stuff

- dinner- Meat pulled to thaw.... lasagna

- baths/showers-

- bedtime routine-

- anything else I get done- appointment made for car to be done next Wednesday (new tires, brake pads, fix an axel seal leak, oil change and cabin filter change and possible recall repair), went to Walmart- bought everything for Easter

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 7

Good morning! Dd2 off to school in a great mood-leaving tomorrow for her meet. ds2 up and ready to get started on work, ds3-still in 13 yo boy sleep coma. Not ready to work...

I am home for most of the day-lots of little things to do

To do:

laundry

plan packing for the London trip next week

work with ds2

call to excuse dd2 from classes Wed/Thursday

email to RE director

work with ds3

grocery store

sew/read a little

ds3 to tennis

pick up dd2/club practice

ds2 to judo

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Howdy!  Is it really spring?  More importantly, is it really my March 20 work deadline?  :P

Today is a lot like yesterday.

• Up in the wee hours working / internet putzing.
  • Slept a few hours.
  • Kids up - one wanted to study in the morning.
  • Kids off to school on time.
  • Cleaned kitchen mostly.
  • A little reading.
  • Took a nap.
  • Caught up on social media, work emails.
  • Got some work out.

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Amazon order.
  • Calendar.
  • More reading & housework.
  • Driver will take 1 kid to horse riding.
  • Kids' work.
  • Scout badge work.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Scout newsletter.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.

The rest of the week I have to run the kids around for most of the after school hours, so I need to get ahead on my work today if possible.

• Like 6

Rainy day here as well...but today I am home. :)

• Reports & Work Notes
  • Various phone calls / scheduling issues
  • Work related reading
  • Clean up kitchen
  • Some online orders
  • Getting dog out between rain showers :)
  • Dinner prep
  • Pick up car from shop and admire my $500 new window seal and track....:(
  • Like 6

Scout, it ended up more of a workshop than a conference. It was on safety in ministry and sexual abuse recognition/prevention. I was asked to go with some of our children's ministry staff because I'm taking on a bigger role with the loss of our children's pastor. 

It was good but depressing, really. I didn't know that 4 states have passed laws about mandatory reporters when adults confess about abuse that happened to them when they were children. 

• Like 4

Scout, it ended up more of a workshop than a conference. It was on safety in ministry and sexual abuse recognition/prevention. I was asked to go with some of our children's ministry staff because I'm taking on a bigger role with the loss of our children's pastor. 

It was good but depressing, really. I didn't know that 4 states have passed laws about mandatory reporters when adults confess about abuse that happened to them when they were children. 

Ugh, I get it. We have to do that training every year and it is depressing. Depressing that it is neccessary. 

If you ever want a great speaker to encourage your volunteers and staff, I have a friend in Atlanta who is fabulous. she is the Children's Minnistry Coordinator for my denomination (PCA) and speaks at hundreds of churches every year. (mostly Presbyterian and Baptist, but some others too) 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Haven't I checked in yet?  I thought that I had. . .

human care done

medical care done

pet care done

helped ds fill in the last of his insurance accident forms

was in on the conference call between ds and his insurance adjuster.  (Good news - the other guy's insurance has accepted 100% liability for the accident.  Which is as it should be since the responding officer recorded the other guy's words when asked about what color the signal was as "what signal?"  )

Loaded up all three of my "puppies" (ds20, dd16 and the actual puppy) and went on errands

dropped ds off for treatment

took the puppy to her favorite pet store to buy new food and treats.  She pee'd all over their floor in excitement. 

went back to collect ds.

we all got lunch at the grocery store and I got tonight's dinner fixings

went to the post office where I mailed my sister's card and the insurance stuff.

went to the library

came home.

The kitchen is still untouched.  That's next. 

• Like 4

puppy had a walk and a puppy playdate with the neighbor boxer puppy.

Dishwasher was unloaded and loaded again and is running.  There are still unwashed dishes.  I hate that.  I did handwash enough dishes so that we have something to eat off of tonight. 

Meatloaf and roasted veggies/potatoes are in the oven. 

Dd is at her babysitting gig.

Oh- I just remembered that city council is tonight. 

• Like 1

Kids did all their homework, and one kid also did tomorrow's math homework + worked on her bible basics badge + practiced her TKD form.

We also played around a bit this evening.  Bad mom!  It meant getting to bed a little late.  Not as late as usual, though.  Actually it's been a pretty good week so far.

I'm kinda tired after all that ... not sure how much longer I will keep at my work before sleeping ... maybe I will get my second wind.

• Like 2