Menu

Accountability Thread 3/18-3/24

The time change is definitely a struggle here as well- plus we just moved and switched time zones (so we lost an additional hour there as well).  My husband is going out of town for the week, so today I have to:

Run some errands (grocery store, etc)

Get some more unpacking and organizing done

Plan this week's school schedule since we are a bit off track from the move

Definitely make sure I'm stocked up on coffee for the week *priority* ;)

• Like 3

Good morning. Short week this week because I have work on Friday.

Today's schedule:

French-Lesson 20, vocabulary

Latin-Quiz over lesson 28

Math-Lesson 1 in the last light unit I have. Must order more math!

Writing-new spelling words, grammar exercise, WWS Week 31

Literature-reading in respective books, reading notes and vocabulary

History/Science-reading and narration, reading and questions

For me: French, Latin, Grammar, finish a short story I'm writing, work on my novel and housekeeping. A little cooking.

• Like 1

This morning DD has music and PE at the public school, so I am running errands. This afternoon she only has Math (TT) and her on-line reading remediation program, so i get to do my paid job from home.

This week-

We just started Teaching texbooks 6 (we finished 5 in Feb!)

Reading remediation (online program)

Copywork and sentence construction

Wrinkle in Time (we get to see the movie when we finish the book!)

Science-starting a unit on cells!

• Like 2

Good morning. The rooster kicked the tar out of my hand and knuckles last night after a dog scratched me up a few days earlier. I blame any and all typos on that.

Today's schedule:

French-Les Portes Tordues, Cp 37, exercises

Latin-Lesson 29, DVD, workbook

Math-Lesson 2, KTM

Writing-spelling practice, grammar exercise, WWS Day 2

Literature-Comprehension question, quotations

Science/History-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, grammar, work on short story, possibly novel, houskeeping, writers' meeting tonight. Trim rooster's spurs--done. :D

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, critter, I hope your hand is ok!

We have another soccer game tonight, Ds is going up against his friend's team and they are good. I just hope we score! Today's schedule, should they ever get up out of the bed:

Devotional

Math

Latin

Spelling/grammar

Literature

Instrument practice

History, science, math for older boy.

For me, really thinking about summer term and laundry, need to figure out dinner also.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, critter, I hope your hand is ok!

It's fine. Just a little bruised and sore. The rooster was in a terrible mood yesterday for some reason and got after the boy too. He got a pretty good cut, and so I went out to deal with the bird and he wasn't any happier with me. He's in a better mood today so far.

• Like 1

Good morning, critter, how's your hand? My boys are still in bed and I've decided that we'll do school when their body wakes them up today, within reason of course. We lost last nights game 2-1, it was a good game though, we were up against a top team. We lost due to penalty kicks.

Today's schedule

Read a Psalm

Math

Latin

Spelling/grammar/literature

Instrument lesson

Soccer practice

History, science, math for older boy

• Like 1

Good morning, critter, how's your hand? 

Bruised, but not too sore. Sorry y'all lost the game.

Today's schedule:

French-finish lesson 20

Latin-continue lesson 29, 1 page workbook

Math-Lesson 3, q 1-20, 1 page KTM

Writing-spelling practice and sentences, grammar exercise, WWS Day 3

Literature-read aloud to me, discussion questions

History/Science-reading and narration, reading and questions

For me: French, Latin, grammar, work on short story, novel, housekeeping and some cooking.

• Like 1

Good morning. Today is our last day this week, and next week is a scheduled break.

French-Les Portes Tordues, exercises

Latin-conjugation practice

Art-painting, drawing

Math-finish lesson 3, 1 page KTM

Writing-spelling test, no grammar, WWS Day 4

Science/History-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, finish short story and print out, work on novel, general housekeeping.

• Like 1

Good morning. Spring has sprung and it's getting more and more difficult for us to get up, I'm not sleeping well either, I don't know what to do to fix this but, I'll think of something.

Today's schedule

Read a psalm

Math

Latin

Spelling/literature/grammar

History quiz at library for big boy, science study and math.

Dropping dd off for her meeting and hoping to take the boys out to lunch and do conferences with them about the year.

Critter, I hope you guys have a great week off.

• Like 1

Good morning. Spring has sprung and it's getting more and more difficult for us to get up, I'm not sleeping well either, I don't know what to do to fix this but, I'll think of something.

Today's schedule

Read a psalm

Math

Latin

Spelling/literature/grammar

History quiz at library for big boy, science study and math.

Dropping dd off for her meeting and hoping to take the boys out to lunch and do conferences with them about the year.

Critter, I hope you guys have a great week off.

I made the decision to start transitioning to summer schedule early. I don't sleep well anytime, but spring and summer are the worst, possibly because my bedroom window faces east. I'm not ready to put black-out curtains up yet, and it's futile to tell the chick-chick-chickadee to "shut-up already!" So I opted to have the boys not bother waking up before 7:30 and we're starting school closer to 9:30 in the morning now. By summer, the start time will be 10:00 or 10:30, giving us the full morning to sleep if we need it. By us, I mean me. My usual sleep pattern in the summer is go to bed at ten, lie awake until midnight, wake up at four, lie awake until six, and go back to sleep at seven. :glare:

• Like 1

I made the decision to start transitioning to summer schedule early. I don't sleep well anytime, but spring and summer are the worst, possibly because my bedroom window faces east. I'm not ready to put black-out curtains up yet, and it's futile to tell the chick-chick-chickadee to "shut-up already!" So I opted to have the boys not bother waking up before 7:30 and we're starting school closer to 9:30 in the morning now. By summer, the start time will be 10:00 or 10:30, giving us the full morning to sleep if we need it. By us, I mean me. My usual sleep pattern in the summer is go to bed at ten, lie awake until midnight, wake up at four, lie awake until six, and go back to sleep at seven. :glare:

Oh my goodness, this is so my sleep pattern!

• Like 1

Good morning, I'm up as usual, and wishing I wasn't! Today's schedule

Read a psalm

Math

Latin

Spelling test/literature/grammar

Science study and math for older boy. We've been having some really good math days, why don't/can't I remember that he needs me close by to do his math with him?

For me: laundry, grade history test from yesterday, attempt to watch a portion of the first Teaching the Classics video and take notes, order the syllabus (may do this on Monday).

Good morning, I'm up as usual, and wishing I wasn't! Today's schedule

Read a psalm

Math

Latin

Spelling test/literature/grammar

Science study and math for older boy. We've been having some really good math days, why don't/can't I remember that he needs me close by to do his math with him?

For me: laundry, grade history test from yesterday, attempt to watch a portion of the first Teaching the Classics video and take notes, order the syllabus (may do this on Monday).

Scratch this, I took the boys to Starbucks and we did parent/teacher/student conferences. Oldest and I talked about what we wanted to do for next year and for summer term. One thing I need to keep in my mind is that, at least for math, I need to be with him, working side by side. I am doing the things on my list though.