Menu

IEP

Hi! I have a 7th grader with an IEP who i have recently decided to Homeschool due to the districts lack of capabilities to accommodate my son's IEP. That sounded bitter, but I am not. I get that my son is one of hundreds of kids that attend the school, so I have decided to take his education into my own hands.

My question is... because he is on an IEP in the district that was not D/C when I withdrew him, do we have have the option for free or subsided curriculum to help with his learning disabilities? We live in Colorado. Does anybody have a clue. Please and Thank you!

Wendy Orozco

That varies by state. HSLDA has that information on their website.  HSLDA | Special Needs : Special Education Provisions in the 50 States and Territories  It looks like operating under an umbrella/private school would allow you to receive services from the ps. Have you heard of some program? Our state has a disability scholarship you use to service the IEP, but I don't know how common that is. Some states allow the ps to provide services, some require, and it looks like CO may be going one step further and saying you get them through the private umbrella school.

You might contact your state homeschooling org and see what they say.