Menu

Flylady Support Thread for Saturday, March 17

Night Elf

Hello Flyminds!

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: click here. You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the Baby Steps found here and here.

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal Series found here.

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 3 - The Main Bathroom and One Extra Room (March 11-17).

Saturday - Family Fun Day!

Saturday at FlyLady is especially fun because it’s the day we have Family Fun Time! This a special time just for you and your loved ones to spend time renewing your relationships with each other. Your week has been busy and time has been limited, so spending some special time with your family is so very important today. Here are some great Family Fun Time ideas for you:

• A movie at the local theater

• A picnic in the park

• A few games at the bowling alley

• Family Board Game Night

There are endless possibilities for you and your family to share.

There are no Flylady or Fly Kids Missions on weekends. 

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way!

• Like 2

Okay, I'll start posting the support thread again. For anyone reading, let me add a few things.

First, you do NOT have to subscribe to Flylady emails for her system to work for you. She's about routines and they don't change. The only email I find helpful is the one that lists the daily mission but I don't even do those all the time.

Second, despite what Flylady says, you do NOT have to wear lace-up shoes for her system to work for you. She'd likely give me a tongue lashing for that but good grief, I can clean my kitchen wearing my slippers or just bare feet if I want to. She suggests that shoes makes us feel like we can tackle anything. For some people that may be true. But don't let that one suggestion stop you from using her system if the routines can work for you.

Third, you don't have to follow the system the exact way she does it. Tweak it and make it your own. That's what I did and I have an almost uncluttered house that is mostly clean all the time. I don't have little kids around this time but when my kids were small, I followed her system my way and my house was clean. So it's doable!!

• Like 2

I don't normally do zone cleanings on weekends but I didn't do everything this week because I've been pampering my back. I'm all better now so I'm going to do a few things.

Zone cleaning: Hall Bathroom

--Clean shelves

--Clean baseboards

--Sweep/mop

--Wash shower curtain

Library:

--Reshelve books

--Swiffer shelves

--Clean cobwebs

Morning routine

--Make bed

--Get dressed

--Swish & Swipe

--Start a load of laundry

--Check calendar

--Clean cat area

Afternoon routine

--What's for dinner?

--Drink your water

--Treadmill

--Reboot laundry

Daily:

--Sweep master suite

--My bathroom tidy

--Plan dinner menu

Dinner: Leftovers

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

Hi there,

I had planned on joining this thread in January, but soon realized I could focus on weight loss or deep cleaning, not both. Here's hoping I can join in August, having lost and maintained weight loss. I just have no time for projects beyond my current ones right now.

Emily

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1