Menu

Big Day

Bluegoat

The UK trip sounds great!!!

I saw Joe Jackson many years ago in a small venue and he was awful. He also wasn’t a particularly nice guy. I hope he’s a lot better now than he was back then! I had liked his music, but his performance was nothing like his records. :(

• Like 2

Oh crap, I hope he's not awful.

I was under the impression that personally he is sort of a dick. He also seems to have had loads of plastic surgery done, he looks a lot like Joan Rivers at the moment.

Oh noooooo!!!!!! Lalalalalalalalala

*sticking fingers in ears*

I have way too much emotionally invested in some of his music to have those years of angst fouled by rumours of jerkiness and bad vanity decisions. No, just no. Nonononono.

• Like 2

Oh crap, I hope he's not awful.

I was under the impression that personally he is sort of a dick. He also seems to have had loads of plastic surgery done, he looks a lot like Joan Rivers at the moment.

I had been considering even stronger terms, but I didn’t want to worry you too much. Also, I saw and met him years ago, so maybe he mellowed with age.... I hope.

He wasn't a handsome guy back then, but at least he didn’t look like Joan Rivers. :laugh:

I’m off to Google to find a current photo! :)

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 1

I had been considering even stronger terms, but I didn’t want to worry you too much. Also, I saw and met him years ago, so maybe he mellowed with age.... I hope.

He wasn't a handsome guy back then, but at least he didn’t look like Joan Rivers. :laugh:

I’m off to Google to find a current photo! :)

I did contemplate a bit why a guy who I have heard described as the ugliest man in show biz would bother to have all that anti-aging work done.  But I guess it takes all kinds.

• Like 1

In my experience getting a passport usually requires at least two separate (inconvenient) trips to the post office. Hopefully you can be better prepared than I, or if not, more Zen about the return trip!

Yes, it is kind of inconvenient.  I'm not very organized either, so it may be more than that for me.

My picture was really bad too, it was windy in the parking lot of the store.

Yes, it is kind of inconvenient. I'm not very organized either, so it may be more than that for me.

My picture was really bad too, it was windy in the parking lot of the store.

If it is any consolation they don't really want you to look good in the picture. Partly because they want to see the "real"you and partly add a form of sadistic humour since you will have that photo on there for the next ten years! After an overseas flight my passport photo looks better than real-life me, haha.

The guy I worked with at the post office went through the entire application with me so that I knew exactly what to bring, hopefully that works for you as well.

• Like 1