Menu

Updated Writing Strands?

It still looks good, and if I were hsing again, I would make every effort to use all of the books. I love the way it teaches. :-)

ETA: It looks as if the originals are still available. The newer ones have more formatting and whatnot, but the content and teaching is the same as the originals.

Edited by Ellie

Yes, Ellie, I too loved the way WS teaches.  And I have several of the older copies.  But this new one seems to have fleshed out a daily lesson plan for the book, which was something that I REALLY needed.  And it has included the Reading Strands with it, so that you are alternating each week between either writing or reading.  I have one more little chickie at home to teach and she LOVES writing and reading.  She "could" be an english major......too soon to know.  I thought she would enjoy doing some WS for fun every few weeks.  

Over the years I have alternated between Writing Strands, Wordsmith Craftsman, and Lively Art of Writing for high school. I just keep coming back to those because they work.  Sometimes the oldies are the goodies. 

Thanks, Ellie!  And thank you SWB for recommending wonderful curriculum over the years!  

Blessings,

Brenda 

• Like 1