Menu

Any reviews? Open Tent Academy...

We started with OTA last year, and have been very pleased with the following teachers and classes:

20th Century Wars - Mr Jonathan

English Lights Camera Action - Ms Eva

Art History - Ms Geula (Update:  For her most recent assignment, DD 14 years old had to learn how to use photoshop and import an image of herself into a Rembrandt painting.  Very fun project.  DD learned how to use photoshop, dressed herself in period clothes for the painting and her project came out great.)

Powerful Paragraphs - Ms Eva

Study Skills - Ms Charissa  (Update:  this class did not reach it's minimum required students but OTA opted to hold the class and I'm thrilled they did.  The strategies and techniques are perfect for DD 12 years old.  She's been sharing study strategies with her older sister.) 

Deaf Culture - Ms Selena  (Update:  This class is very organized and structured with clearly defined assignments. Please know that deadlines are strictly enforced by this particular teacher.) 

• Like 1

Thanks LAR!

Things that worked well here:

English: Lights! Camera! Action!:  Movies as Literature - Ms. Eva (things I love: depth of analysis, improved writing skills, class discussion, exposure to different types of formal writing and different genres for analysis, depth and breadth of material covered, enthusiasm of the instructor, etc.)

Bill of Rights: Great analysis and deeper understanding of the historical context and the case studies that applied historically and now.  

Photoshop 101:  Instructor struggled a tiny bit at the beginning with providing clear instruction but he is very encouraging and knowledge/skills are definitely expanding rapidly for my kiddo.

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 1