Menu

Has anyone had success ordering a sofa from Wayfair or Birch Lane?

StaceyinLA

We are finishing up our remodel in the next few weeks, and due to going over budget on some things I decided I didn't want to compromise on, I'm left with less money than I had planned to purchase furniture for the living room.

Since we've changed things so drastically, the current couch will not work (and frankly, it has been in the house throughout the remodeling process, so it's not in the best condition, even having been covered throughout a lot of the process).

To get to the point, I'm looking for something inexpensive, because I will likely replace it in a couple years when I don't have SO many things I need to purchase.

I'd like a small sectional or inexpensive couch/loveseat combo (or even 2 small couches).

They have so many that look really cute on Wayfair, and they have good reviews, but the bad reviews scare me.

Anyone have luck with purchases from there?

I bought a platform bed from Wayfair.  I am VERY pleased with it--the price was outstanding, and it's sturdy and looks just like it was described.

I would be reluctant to buy a couch there, though, because I'm rather short and most couches are either too tall or too deep for me, or both.  So I really need to try before I buy.  YMMV though.

I purchased two wingback upholstered chairs from Wayfair for a steal in one of their sales. Obviously I knew that they would not be the highest quality given their pricepoint- they come in essentially two pieces and were a little hard at first. But they had relatively good reveiws and the few bad ones just had too high of expectations (Seriously, you paid $150 for this chair and can't expect it to be Hickory Chair quality). But after owning them for a year and a half, I am really pleasantly surprised. They still are like brand new- despite five kids and a move in a Penske across country. And they have done well with being stain resistant. I always get compliments on them and they look much more expensive than they are.

A good tip is to look at the measurements carefully. When I got out my measuring tape I was surprised by how small the back was on some of the chairs. My husband is 6ft so I knew I wanted a taller back which allowed me to find and purchase the two chairs I have. Some of the negative reveiws on chairs were people unhappy with the sizes because they did not measure first.

I really like Wayfair. I purchased tons of stuff for our last house and our new house- lighting, hardware, decoration stuff, ironing board, etc. If things arrive broken they are quick to fix it. I have always been pleased!

Edited by 4Kiddos
  • Like 1

We bought dining room chairs from Wayfair. We love them and the customer service was fantastic, even when we had to call about a problem. I'm a little more reluctant to order sofas/loveseats because I'm not sure I would like the finished look of a sofa that comes unassembled.

We also bought a chandelier that looks great and was an amazing deal.

Edited by samba
  • Like 1

Well I've purchased a lot of my new lighting from there for my remodel, and I just ordered a set of 4 dining chairs from there as well. I have just been tormenting myself over this sofa because I know the fabric is likely gonna be the biggest issue (I know it'll be thin). The thing is, the price is pretty much perfect for what I need right now and the little sectional is adorable. I think I'd love the way it would look in the room even if it isn't that great otherwise.

WHY AM I SO DARN INDECISIVE?!?! I swear I took nearly 2 months to pick a bathtub!

I had a relative order the majority of furnishings for a vacation home last year from Wayfair, including a sofa. It is very nice, comfortable (both for sitting and sleeping on) and a great price. Honestly, I was very impressed with everything ordered from there. I think you can stop deliberating and go for it!  :thumbup:

We bought our current sofa on Wayfair. We picked it out in person at a local furniture store. Then saved ourselves $400 and ordered it on Wayfair!!!!

Bad Reviews - People with bad experiences are more likely to post a bad review than people with good experiences are likely to post good ones. So read them, but take all of them with a grain of salt.

Well I've purchased a lot of my new lighting from there for my remodel, and I just ordered a set of 4 dining chairs from there as well. I have just been tormenting myself over this sofa because I know the fabric is likely gonna be the biggest issue (I know it'll be thin). The thing is, the price is pretty much perfect for what I need right now and the little sectional is adorable. I think I'd love the way it would look in the room even if it isn't that great otherwise.

WHY AM I SO DARN INDECISIVE?!?! I swear I took nearly 2 months to pick a bathtub!

Order it! :)