Menu

I just purchased this gadget to help with leg pain...

RegGuheert

Revitive

This post is not an endorsement or a review, since I have not yet received the product yet.  FWIW, I did not purchase the full-price unit, but rather purchased one of the returned units for much less money.  It still comes with a one-year warranty and a 30-day return period.

MomsintheGarden and I both have suffered from chronic tight calf and thigh muscles.  We each have had plantar fasciitis in both of our feet and recently she has been suffering from nighttime cramps in her calves.  We have these issues even though when we manage to walk several miles each day during most of the year (although that hasn't happened much lately).

The following review on Youtube is what helped me finalize my decision to purchase the unit since the reviewer's symptoms seemed to closely match MomsintheGarden's:

MomsintheGarden's first response was, "You spent $170 dollars on that?!"

Later, she asked, "So, now you want to electrocute me?!"

It's a process...

Does anyone have experience with these things?  Also, has anyone else paid for one of these using an FSA?  That's what I did...

We received the Revitive unit on Friday.  My initial review:

The unit itself:

- The main unit appears to be very well engineered and manufactured, but the remote control appears to be a little less "refined".  Still, everything works fine.

- The Li-ion battery was fully discharged upon receipt.  I plugged it in and it was fully charged within about three hours or so.

- The battery holds enough charge to operate for a couple of hours, at least.

How does it work/feel?

- To be quite frank, it feels like getting shocked.  Kinda like when you put your finger in a light socket.  I must say that's a bit disconcerting at first.

- When you first turn the unit on, the level is zero, so you do not feel it until you turn up the level, which you do from the remote control.

- Since you control the level, you can raise it to a level that is comfortable to you.

- The unit defaults to a 30-minute session, but that can be changed to a longer or shorter time.

- The "routine" which is done changes as time goes on.  It is quite varied in what it does.

Discussion:

- I think using this device is comparable to any workout routine.  As such, it is important to limit the strength and duration in order to prevent getting hurt.  Unfortunately, it is quite a bit different from a normal workout, so I don't have a good feel for how high is too high.  It will take a bit of getting used to.

- The unit can be turned up A LOT higher than is comfortable.  I've never had it all the way up.

- I feel the activity a little more strongly on my right leg than my left.  I'm not sure why that is.

- I had hoped that there would also be some sensations in my thighs, but there is none.  All of the sensation is in the thighs (and a little bit in the feet).  The unit comes with remote electrodes that can be placed elsewhere on the body, but I doubt I would do that often enough to make it worthwhile.

Bottom line:

- At this point, the jury is still out.  I will update the thread if I make a final decision one way or the other.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

But even if I don't end up using it on my legs, I'm thinking I might be able to find a practical use for this device, yet: :lol: :lol:

Revitive_Repurposed.jpg

• Like 2