Menu

I wrote a book...UPDATE:Free on Kindle Today!

fraidycat

UPDATE:

As promised, here is my one and only advertisement for my book so you can check it out while it's free, if you want.

http://a.co/jf5wYx7

It'll be available for free today - Sunday, March 18 and tomorrow Monday the 19th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post: 

Remember this post?

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/657996-can-i-ask-you-ladies-for-a-huge-favor/

I wrote a book on how to calm the stress-response in your body. And I'm getting ready to release it in a couple weeks.

I'm looking for people to be part of my book Launch Team. If you'd like to be an early reader, help spread the word about the book, and help write the most amazing book description to draw readers in, I'd love to have your support! 

All I need is for you to pm me your email address so I can email you the information and advance copy.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 14

Remember this post?

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/657996-can-i-ask-you-ladies-for-a-huge-favor/

I wrote a book on how to calm the stress-response in your body. And I'm getting ready to release it in a couple weeks.

I'm looking for people to be part of my book Launch Team. If you'd like to be an early reader, help spread the word about the book, and help write the most amazing book description to draw readers in, I'd love to have your support! 

All I need is for you to pm me your email address so I can email you the information and advance copy.

The title of the book is:

The Power In Your Fingertips

Calm the Chaos and Lower your Stress in 15 Minutes or Less!

I'm not clear on what you're asking - are you asking people to review your book and promote or advertise it for free?

Can you tell us a little bit more about your credentials and the book itself?

Sure. 

Credentials: I'm a certified Tapping Into Wealth and Ignite Your Power coach - with two "specialties" - 1) Relieving stress around money and 2) deep forgiveness of self and others - going beyond "time heals all wounds" using EFT (acupressure tapping) to help physically calm the nervous system fight or flight stress response.

Before I became certified, I used EFT as a self-healing tool for about 6 years. It saved my marriage and got me out of a pretty deep (situational) depression before I started homeschooling and helped me a lot as I dealt with the stress OF homeschooling, being a military spouse, and just life in general. I use it all the time.

The book is "the book I wish I had" when I first started learning tapping. It's an introduction to tapping, and the scripts to use while you tap to calm your nervous system based on whatever emotion or situation is stressing you out at the moment. I wrote it to help other moms who get stressed out, too - if you know any of those :D.

It's quite short. I wanted it simple and easy to navigate because no one wants to dig through a huge novel when they are stressed out and looking for quick and easy help!

I'll be releasing it on Kindle and it will be free for the first two days for sure, and maybe a bit longer, and dirt cheap after that - Amazon has rules I have to follow on that. This one is a labor of love, because I hate to see people hurting when they don't have to!

I'm asking for pre-readers, then if you find the information valuable or helpful, to review it on Amazon and tell your friends about it so that they can get it when it's Free when I release it to the public. I want as many moms as possible to benefit.

• Like 5

I'm not clear on what you're asking - are you asking people to review your book and promote or advertise it for free?

Hi Tibbie,

I think I answered your questions in my previous reply, but I'll add a bit more. I'm asking for people to review and give me feedback if I need to clarify something, then spread the word to your friends or someone you might know who will benefit from the information.

If you read it, try it out, and don't find it beneficial or worthy of sharing, then you don't have to do anything. :) 

• Like 2

I should add that this is will be my only thread about this. I'll bump it up when it's free to download on Kindle, and add a link to my signature, but I won't be self-promoting it in every "I'm stressed out" post that I read. I'll go back to just giving hugs, good thoughts, and offering support where I can. I want all of you to benefit, but I'm not going to ram it down your throats or break board rules. (I hope this one isn't breaking the rules!)

• Like 8

I'm not a high stress person. Would this book be easy for me to read and teach my kids?

It's easy to read, for sure. And easy to teach your kids, although if they're like mine, there's a "you can lead the horse to water" aspect involved, LOL. I still make mine do it sometimes because it works so well. You might need to adapt the scripts a little bit into kid language - ie: mad instead of angry, jumpy instead of anxious, etc. depending on their ages.

You can check it out - the price is right! :P

Thank you all for the show of support and sharing of email addresses! It means more than you know!  :001_wub:

I've sent the review copy to all who have requested it, so if you gave me your email address and you haven't received it, please let me know so I can check for spelling errors in the addresses.

This sounds fabulous! I would love to read it when it comes out. Do you have an approximate date? Also, I’m not a kindle user - will it be easy to read even without one?

Congratulations!

Thank you.

I’m shooting for March 18 and Kindle has free apps for phones, tablets, and computers.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

As promised, here is my one and only advertisement for my book so you can check it out while it's free, if you want.

http://a.co/jf5wYx7

It'll be available for free today - Sunday, March 18 and tomorrow Monday the 19th.

Got it! Thank you!!!

And holy cow! I just saw your book on Amazon and the photo on your author page —- and you are GORGEOUS!!! I’m totally serious! I always pictured you as being more catlike, with stripes and a hat... ;)

• Like 4

Got it! Thank you!!!

And holy cow! I just saw your book on Amazon and the photo on your author page —- and you are GORGEOUS!!! I’m totally serious! I always pictured you as being more catlike, with stripes and a hat... ;)

:lol: Thank you!

If anyone has ever seen the Friends episode where Chandler makes stupid faces while getting his photo done - that is totally me! This is the ONE good shot out of many taken. :)

• Like 2

This is very timely. I have been super stressed and wondering how to get it under control as it's affecting my health. I'm happy to read and review on Amazon (though it may take a little bit as I don't have a lot of free time). Thank you for sharing!

I hope you find it helpful. It's quick and simple to read and follow by design. I know how busy moms are!

Congratulations! I just downloaded it. I use EFT often. I just used it yesterday for anxiety. I just told my dh yesterday thank goodness I found tapping. I’m not sure where I would be without it. I probably would have needed meds for my anxiety/panic attacks if I hadn’t found it.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I just downloaded it. I use EFT often. I just used it yesterday for anxiety. I just told my dh yesterday thank goodness I found tapping. I’m not sure where I would be without it. I probably would have needed meds for my anxiety/panic attacks if I hadn’t found it.

My sentiments exactly! EFT has literally changed my life, which is why I want to share and teach it to as many people as possible and why I wrote the book.

Hey Fraidy,

Beautiful bio photo!

I just wanted to share super helpful marketing book podcasts. I learned the most by listening to all four, but I carefully picked and chose the show segments I was most interested in:

Joanna Penn's podcast. (Very good for book marketing.)

Amy Porterfield. (Also excellent, but she teaches marketing for any business not just books.)

Brook Castillo. (She's a life coach, and has two podcasts. The one on building a life coaching business gives really great marketing tips.)

I also love the Passive Income guy. He also does two podcasts and his short one is excellent.

Alley

• Like 2

Hey Fraidy,

Beautiful bio photo!

I just wanted to share super helpful marketing book podcasts. I learned the most by listening to all four, but I carefully picked and chose the show segments I was most interested in:

Joanna Penn's podcast. (Very good for book marketing.)

Amy Porterfield. (Also excellent, but she teaches marketing for any business not just books.)

Brook Castillo. (She's a life coach, and has two podcasts. The one on building a life coaching business gives really great marketing tips.)

I also love the Passive Income guy. He also does two podcasts and his short one is excellent.

Alley

Thank you! I will check them out.

Congratulations and good luck!

I don't know if you have any control over what's included in the "see inside this book" feature, but if you do you might want to change it. Right now you've got all the front matter (title page, copyright page, dedication), the table of contents, an ad, and then only a tiny snippet of the introduction that talks about the problem (stress) but doesn't include any of the part where you make your case for your solution.

Unfortunately, I don't have any control over that part. I saw that, too and wasn't overly impressed. I guess that is where reviews come in handy.