Menu

Clover Creek Physics Registration is Open

I noticed that Clover Creek has opened up registration for their online Physics class.There are 2 sections open. Last year, the class filled up very quickly.

This seems to be a highly regarded class based on the reviews I've read here.  Here's another thread regarding workload and student age that may be of interest.

Wow! Full already!

• Like 1

My daughter took physics with Jetta as a high school senior and LOVED it. She had refused to even consider ever majoring in engineering, but she loved physics so much that she switched to engineering just prior to orientation.  :D

Unfortunately, I've tried unsuccessfully to get my son into the class since with no luck because it fills up so fast. This was his last chance, but the classes filled so quickly. Oh well. :( 

• Like 3

I had signed up to be put on the notification list.  I'm so glad I did.  I got an email from her Monday afternoon that registration was open.  I wouldn't have even thought to look that day because for some reason I was thinking it opened March 1.  I saw it about an hour after she sent it and made DS come and read the policy so I could answer yes to that questions and get the application sent it.  He wanted to do it later but I said no I wanted to get it taken care of since I knew the class filled in a day or two.  He got in but man I fell like we seriously lucked out.  I didn't know it would fill in just a few hours. 

• Like 2

Ah, bummer, missed it! Well, maybe we will try an intro Chem class next year and save Clover Creek for 9th.

Dicentra of Clover Valley Chemistry is offering chemistry, honors, and an advanced course. She will open registration tomorrow. There is a live class just like Clover Greek with the opportunity to discuss and ask questions. We're signing up for honors.

Edited by crazyforlatin
  • Like 2

Dicentra is offering chemistry, honors, and an advanced course. She will open registration tomorrow. There is a live class just like Clover with the opportunity to discuss and ask questions. We're signing up for honors.

I have no idea what "dicentra" is. Can you please explain?

• Like 1

Yup!  Registration for Clover Valley Chemistry will be opening up tomorrow night just as it turns into morning of the next day. :)  I'm opening registration at 12:01am EST on Thursday, March 1 (so basically really late on Wednesday night :) ).  You'll need to calculate the time for your time zone if you're not on the East Coast so:

12:01am EST (midnight, basically) as Wednesday, Feb. 28 becomes March 1

11:01pm CST where it will still be Wednesday, Feb. 28

10:01pm MST (still Wednesday, Feb. 28)

9:01pm PST (still Wednesday, Feb. 28)

As far as spots go, I have some flexibility.  Right now, I'm planning on 12 Reg Chem spots, 10 Hons Chem spots, and 5 Org Chem spots.  If there is a course that ends up under-subscribed, though, I can move those "spots" to another more subscribed course - know what I mean? :)  If no one signs up for Org Chem, I'll have 5 more "spots" to give to students in one of the other courses.

Looking forward so much to next fall!!

• Like 5

Be still my heart....an organic chemistry class!

Yup!  Registration for Clover Valley Chemistry will be opening up tomorrow night just as it turns into morning of the next day. :)  I'm opening registration at 12:01am EST on Thursday, March 1 (so basically really late on Wednesday night :) ).  You'll need to calculate the time for your time zone if you're not on the East Coast so:

12:01am EST (midnight, basically) as Wednesday, Feb. 28 becomes March 1

11:01pm CST where it will still be Wednesday, Feb. 28

10:01pm MST (still Wednesday, Feb. 28)

9:01pm PST (still Wednesday, Feb. 28)

As far as spots go, I have some flexibility.  Right now, I'm planning on 12 Reg Chem spots, 10 Hons Chem spots, and 5 Org Chem spots.  If there is a course that ends up under-subscribed, though, I can move those "spots" to another more subscribed course - know what I mean? :)  If no one signs up for Org Chem, I'll have 5 more "spots" to give to students in one of the other courses.

Looking forward so much to next fall!!

• Like 3

Be still my heart....an organic chemistry class!

You betcha!! :D  My major at university was actually organic synthesis and, as a former high school chem teacher and now teacher of intro chem college courses, I never really got to put most of my degree to use much.  And I LOVE organic chemistry.  I mean - I love chemistry but I LOVE organic chemistry. :D  I'm actually teaching this course to my daughter this year as a post-AP Chem course as she's thinking of eventually going into medicine and I thought giving her an intro to organic chem and biochem would give her a leg-up in a few years when she takes those intro courses at university.  So...  It's offered in addition to the Reg Chem and Honors Chem! :)

I don't know about that. Those west coasters don't have to either wake up in the middle of the night or stay up way past their bedtime. ;)

I know!  I'm sorry! :)  I thought about putting the opening in the middle of the day but then it might put some folks at an advantage over others because some people might be at home and able to register right away and some people might be out at classes or out at work, etc.  Then I thought about putting it around supper time but I didn't want to make everyone's supper time a crazy scramble...  I just couldn't think of a "good" time. :)  Everyone should definitely give me feedback on the time - while I can't change it now for this year, if it's universally despised, I can look at changing it for next year.  Ah - starting up.  So many decisions to make, so many mistakes to be made and corrected next time around. ;) :)

I'm so very excited about tonight!!!

• Like 1

:D I don't know in which situation I'd get more angry emails - making people stay up late or running a random lottery! :D

Stanford does a lottery for Stanford Splash and for their Stanford Math Circle. People here in SF Bay Area used to stay up until midnight to get their kids in so they change to lottery system.

A lottery public high school we applied for has these numbers for 9th grade and registration is still open.

“Open Seats for 9th Grade - 150

Registrations as at 2/27: 775â€

I have a night owl that is usually awake past midnight and a rooster that wakes up around 6am. We would wake up at 5am PST/8am EST to call CollegeBoard for results because my husband is impatient.

• Like 1