Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Dh has an early meeting and the kids are sleeping in, so I'm enjoying some peace and quiet (well, except for my loud and rambunctious puppies). We had a big storm last night and the wind just howled all night long, but now it's a beautiful morning. So nice to see the sun for the first time in days.

•plan my week

•groom horses

•place grain and bedding order

•do some kitchen prep, use up the veggies in my fridge

•restock fridge with bottled water

•read & relax

•dinner: creamy broccoli soup

• Like 6

Good morning.... it’s really windy but sunny

The school stuff will be copy and pasted through out the week and things that are done will be deleted

- coffee.... lots of coffee

- history videos (he posted clips of the HBO John Adams series, I recorded the entire series over the weekend so I will just watch what I recorded)- 4 episodes watched

- read primary documents and journal thoughts about those- 3/13 done (I’m a week behind on this)

- start history issue paper due 3/4, turn into online writing lab for 10 extra credit points- done and appointment for writing lab set for Wednesday morning at 9:30 am

- read/notes/chapter reviews for chapters 5-9 in microbiology- read ch. 5, about 1/2 done reading ch. 6

- unit 3 and 4 questions for microbiology that are online and assigned as homework- unit 3 is done

- unit 3 and 4 study modules (if we complete these we get 20 points head start on exams)

- lab exercises for microbiology

- have girls tidy room (ugh they decided to throw everything, including trash into bins and shoved them under the bed thinking I wouldn’t notice)- done

- anxiously await for dh to get home (said he would be home around 1- he’s home :)

- take dd2 to a birthday party and dd1 to her first poultry meeting (party 2-4 and 4h starts at 3 so I’ll have dh stay with dd2 and I will take dd1 to her meeting, luckily they are within walking distance of each other so we can all ride in 1 vehicle)- ok cant ride in one vehicle because dh won’t be home in time to ride with us to the party- done

- order chickens???- nope

- tidy living room- round 1 done

- tidy kitchen- round 1 done

- dishes- in dishwasher

- laundry- done

- fold/put away laundry- done

- look up plans for a cheap chicken coop and other chicken stuff since dh said that we could get some chickens for dd1 so she can join the poultry club for 4-h- well I did order a few books about raising chickens from amazon that will be here on Monday and Tuesday (I bought chicken coops for dummies so hope to get some help from that)

- dinner- China Buffet- done

- baths/showers- dd1 done

- bedtime routine- done

- anything else I get done- Nope

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 7

Morning, all!

Yesterday was a complete wash.  We got to the library, and dd decided to wait in the car.  She learned an important driving lesson about draining the battery.  We were stuck for 3 hours waiting for AAA.  

To do:

church

groceries for mom, visit

Costco

bookstore

read, lesson plan

Have a great day!

Edited by readinmom
  • Like 4

Good afternoon!

Our trip to the beach was good. My sister has decided she can't go to Disney yet without her son, so we are postponing that trip. We don't have dates yet, but I think it will be awhile. Thankfully, she won't lose any of the money she has paid. 

It's back to the old grindstone tomorrow. 

Done:

church

ate out lunch

lesson plans for this week for ds

took ds to practice at church

started a load of laundry

To Do:

look over tutoring lessons for this week

begin planning co-op writing classes for this week

finish laundry

eat leftovers/sandwiches

watch a movie together

tidy house

• Like 4

Sunday school & church.

Scrounged some food.

Theoretically working.

Kids made cookies; I had to taste them.  :P

Trying to get my kids to stop fooling around and do their homework.

Eventually I need to do laundry.

Whatever else I get done.

Read-aloud?

Kids to bed.

Work.

• Like 4

Dd and I had a nice afternoon tea again today, teacups at a table, not mugs taken elsewhere. Much better. It's cold and rainy, so we used a pretty English china with various game birds on it.

And I made crumpets for the first time, not difficult. But I need to find a better recipe. They were a bit dense inside, whatever cooking temp/speed I tried. Because of trying different temps, we had to eat four each. 😉 I don't need the calories or carbs, but it was fun.

• Like 3

Well, I put away the crumpet batter after tea. I did not think it would rise in the refrigerator, but it pushed off the tight fitting lid of the storage container, rose up with the lid still on top like a hat, and sent cascades of extra batter down through successive shelves of the refrigerator. My bread dough does not rise when it's cold, but the crumpet dough has a mind of its own.

Selkie, feel better.

Edited by Alessandra
  • Like 1