Menu

Anyone own a smoker

Elizabeth86

Which smoker do you have? DH really wants one.

Although we only use the grill for now, the barbecue chicken rub recipe from the Weber grilling cookbook (it's the red one, can't remember the exact name) is amazing.

(I just realized the irony in my responding to this post, given my username... even though it has nothing to do with tasty meat, lol.)

Edited by BarbecueMom

I love using tea to smoke meat besides the wood chips.  Earl Grey and Lavender make a great taste to ribs with cherry or birch wood.  Add the loose tea to the soaked chips.  If he has a smoker big enough, try mac'n'cheese in it.   

Savory spice company has a great rub (Sweet Mama's) for chicken.  Once your DH gets comfortable with it, he will want to make his own spice blends.  

Although we only use the grill for now, the barbecue chicken rub recipe from the Weber grilling cookbook (it's the red one, can't remember the exact name) is amazing.

(I just realized the irony in my responding to this post, given my username... even though it has nothing to do with tasty meat, lol.)

Do you have a Lowes near you?  They are closing out some Masterbuilt display units very reasonable. One of mine is a Masterbuilt and it does great.  

I have a simple barrel smoker that I smoke three turkeys at a time.  I now prefer to dry brine. a lot simpler.  Look of L.A. Times Dry Brine Turkey.  Start with a room temperature bird.  Smoke at maximum heat of 225, for around 3.25 hours.  Could be a little shorter, or an hour more depending on outside temperature. Don't forget to drop soaked woodchips over the coals. 

idk, I'll check and get back to you. He bought it on amazon I do know that.