Menu

Update on muscles, mobility, everything. Lol

amo_mea_filiis.

In October I started Crossfit at 150lbs. My highest ever was 164, but I generally hung in the 150’s.

I couldn’t squat, do sit-ups without pain, my tush was dying, and I could hardly do 20†box step ups.

Because of continued pain beyond soreness, I started physical therapy. I think December/January. PT knew I was in Crossfit and that I would continue. He literally works my butt off! Lol. My back, hips, and butt were so tight that massage was extremely painful.

I also have a home plan that PT and I created together.

PT is 3x a week. Home plan 4x. Crossfit I aim for 7 times. Sometimes I hit 8. Before you think this is nuts, outside of official exercise, I’m not the most active. Well, TeA has increased quite a bit!

Somewhere between December and January, food issues just clicked and I no longer thought about food. I guess I’m keto-ish with non forced intermittent fasting. I eat when I’m hungry and aim for the best we have in the house. No prep. If I reach for bread for tuna, I have no feelings over it. Bacon is always preferred though!

Today...

127lbs and trending down. Got a compliment on squat depth this morning (feet still have to be wide, but whatever)! And I can now feel my butt in squats, deadlifts, kettle bell swings, thrusters, etc!

I can do 24†box jumps for multiple rounds! My front and back squat is only 75lbs, but I wasn’t allowed to use a bar until last week. Sit-ups are a breeze, but I have to do them weighted. I usually stick to 15lbs. Same with planks. I max out at 20 seconds because of my back, but I can do 25lb weighted plank, ring plank, 15lb ring plank, plank reaches, and ring saw (feet in rings instead of hands). I can do 2 strict/tight/perfect push-ups, 10 on 20†box, 20 on 24†box, and so far unlimited at 30â€. I still do box burpees for the form. I refuse to snake or worm on pushups or burpees.

Last week PT was thrilled that I had a little give in my spine and massage is no longer terrible! He comes up with new stuff every week and it is awesome! Because of the (mild) scoliosis, insurance isn’t arguing need. So I continue PT until I have absolutely no modifications in the gym. And then once I’m discharged, he expects I’ll need a tune up maybe once or twice a year. Crossfit should help keep everything where it needs to be. :)

• Like 19

Omg that video is awesome!!! 😂

Does she not know that 150 wall balls will make that cocktail dress hot?! Lol

I am absolutely loving it. I used to be thin, but not in shape. Now the weight is coming off and I’m gaining strength.

I never knew “nice depth on those squats†would be the best compliment of my week! 😂

• Like 2

First rule of Crossfit.. tell everyone about Crossfit. Lol. This doesn’t apply completely. But I’ve found that when I just say I go to the gym, people will ask what I do. So I have to say Crossfit. Lol.

I go in, look at the developing board, cry, jump on the stupid box, squat deep, and row like my life depends on it. Lol. I want to land the 30â€, but with only 62†in height, that’s nearly half of me.

• Like 1