Menu

Le Creuset - what do you like to make in it??

MaryMak07

My mom got me a Le Creuset Dutch oven!!!! (She got a bonus at work and decided to get each of the kids a spendy gift!!!)

I’m soooooo excited! I’ve dreamed of these pots for years but it’s always been waaaaaaay out of reach.

I just can’t wait to cook all the things!! What are your favorite things to make in yours?

• Like 1

Let's see....my faves to make...

Ribs

Pot roast

beef and potato stew

Spicy chicken soup

Pork tenderloin

Turkey breast

Pulled pork

Tailgate chili

Right now I have an asparagus salmon pilaf going in mine. I use it constantly. We have an outlet near us so I have way more pieces than I like to admit. I just adore them! Have fun! They cook evenly, they cook quickly, meats are tender and they clean like a dream. They can also go from stove to oven. I like to braise my meats or create a sauce before putting it in the oven.

Edited by nixpix5
  • Like 1

I use mine for soups and stews mostly, stove top or oven. I like to start on the stove top to brown meat and/or saute vegetables, then put it in the oven to finish cooking. No worries about scorching the food at the bottom of the pan.

ETA, I've never used it for any type of casserole. Just never think of it for that sort of thing.

Edited by marbel

In addition to all of the soups, stews, roasts, whole chickens, etc. that everyone else has mentioned we also use ours several times a week for baking our no-knead bread!

Me, too!

I'll be using mine this afternoon to make mujaddara (rice and onions). My stove-top beef stew last week was so good, I can't stop thinking about it.

This is starting with dried beans? I never thought of using the oven!

I use dry beans with either the quick soak method or the overnight method first. Then I use a recipe for chili beans. It's a meatless chili I guess. Half-way through the cooking, I check to see if it needs a bit more water.

• Like 1