Menu

WWE - Doing the weeks out of order?

shawthorne44

We are doing FLL level 2 and WWE1.   I made a mistake and didn't realize they could be done together.  I'm trying to coordinate the bedtime reading books with the reading selections in WWE for the week.   Do the weeks get harder within the same level?   Because getting some of the books is taking longer than others, and the books from some of the later weeks came in earlier than I thought?   So I wonder if it would be a problem for us to skip around, but do all of each week that we start.  

• Like 1

Yes, weeks do get harder within the same level. I think it would be easier to just order the books but not necessarily read them the same week. Let go of the perfection in the interests of getting it done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Edited by Kiara.I
  • Like 1

I agree that the weeks get a little harder, but it is a gradual change, so I wouldn't worry about minor rearranging.  In other words, Week 36 is definitely harder than week 1, but the differences between weeks 1 and 6 or 18 and 28 is pretty negligible. 

I occasionally shuffle the weeks around, or just skip a couple weeks that seem less interesting.  I think any week when a child enjoys the passage and "clicks" with the subject matter will seem easier than a week they find boring, no matter how objectively difficult the material is that week.

Wendy

• Like 1

While you can skip around a bit (and even skip weeks or parts of weeks altogether here and there), the order of the lessons is purposeful, and reading the literature concurrently with the lessons doesn't make any difference at all in developing narration and writing skills, which is the whole point of WWE. If you're going to teach WWE with the workbooks (rather than using the instructor text) I would let go of the idea of coordinating the books directly with the lessons, and just do the lessons in order (skipping stuff that's really boring, etc - nothing lost there). If some amount of integration is important to you, my advice is to pick a few of the books to read based on which excerpts your child seemed most interested in, and read them whenever it works out. 

Also, I should point out that for those that want the narration and and copywork closely integrated with literature reading, the WWE instructor text works it the other way around - you choose what literature you want to read, and then choose the weekly narration and copywork passages from that literature.

• Like 1

That is a lot? (Said genuinely)  It isn't her reading the books, it is us reading books to her.  Although I think each Harry Potter took more than a week.  I don't think I've paid attention to the timing/scheduling until now.   For SOTW, her daddy read her the entire book, Then he read the matching Horrible Histories and then he read (is reading) her supplemental books.  It would probably be better to integrate all three waves together, but scheduling is a problem for me.   Then I do the literature books I pick and the bible stories.  

Also, many of the weeks are poems or short stories, so those are quick.